cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fayrankin12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 162
Message 1 of 3

Finger Print Setup does not Complete No Workee!

First, Briefly-worst support setup ever!  I've spent half the morning registering and still have one ID lost somewhere!

Now, I am trying to register my fingerprint on my MOTO g6 which I have had for a couple of months now..  I go to the set up, find the sensor on the lower left portion of the screen -much too close to the back arrow- and feel the little vibration.  So I continue to the next step; I place my finger on the sensing area, remove it when I feel the vibe, the finger print image appears to swirl and nothing else happens.  I've touched it once and waited.  I've statted over and touchd it five times and waited..  I've followed the vague hints found at randow by googling like clearing the phone cache and tried all the above again AND WAITED. Now I'll wait for an answer.

This is supposed to be a wonderful feature.  Sure wished it worked!  Ain't technology wonderful?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 114
Message 2 of 3

Re: Finger Print Setup does not Complete No Workee!

Hi fayrankin12,

Thanks for posting. The Fingerprint sensor is located at the middle bottom of the screen which resembles a button. To have it registered, you will need to press and hold the button/sensor until it vibrates. After it vibrates, it will show a progress circle you will need to press it multiple times until the circle is completely blue. You will need to move your finger slightly to register the whole fingerprint. There could be a warning which could state that the fingerprint sensor is dirty, all you have to do is clean it with a dry cloth. Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

fayrankin12
Blue Screen Again
Views: 107
Message 3 of 3

Re: Finger Print Setup does not Complete No Workee!

Duh!  Knowing where the sensor was was the key to this problem.  I was getting a vibration when touching the lower left side of screen.  When I zeroed in on the now obvious sensor, it worked and the finger print was registered.

Thanks

Top Kudoed Authors