Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alejandraanda
Paper Tape
Views: 6,807
Message 1 of 10

Fingerprint Sensor not working

Suddenly the fingerprint sensor stopped working, I tried cleaning the sensor, restarting the phone, safe mode, and nothing, in settings there's no longer the option for fingerprint.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,736
Message 2 of 10

Re: Fingerprint Sensor not working

@Alejandraanda wrote:

Suddenly the fingerprint sensor stopped working, I tried cleaning the sensor, restarting the phone, safe mode, and nothing, in settings there's no longer the option for fingerprint.

Hi Alejandraanda,

This is strange, can you share us a Screen Shot, we would like to take a look. In the meantime, let us try the following steps and see if that helps?

• Locate Settings > Apps & Notification > All apps> Three dots > Show Systems > Locate System UI > Click > Storage > Clear Cache > Force Stop > reboot your device,

Follow the above procedure and perform Clear Cache on Settings apps under Apps & Notification. 

Let us know if this makes any difference?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Alejandraanda
Paper Tape
Views: 6,729
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your help.

I tried that and it didn't make any difference, (it just deleted my wallpaper lol), when it stopped working I was trying to use my phone but even when I put the pattern the phone won't unlock so I reset it and the pattern worked but the fingerprint sensor was not working, it doesn't appear any text or something telling me what is wrong it just seems like it disappeared.

Of course u can send you a screenshot, but what do you need a screenshot of?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,687
Message 4 of 10

@Alejandraanda wrote:

Thank you for your help.

I tried that and it didn't make any difference, (it just deleted my wallpaper lol), when it stopped working I was trying to use my phone but even when I put the pattern the phone won't unlock so I reset it and the pattern worked but the fingerprint sensor was not working, it doesn't appear any text or something telling me what is wrong it just seems like it disappeared.

Of course u can send you a screenshot, but what do you need a screenshot of?

Thanks for the additional information, sorry about the trouble. If you are still missing the option of Fingerprint under Settings - you can share us the Screenshot of the same.

However, it looks like a Hardware issue to me, but if we can try Factory Data Reset without restoring any apps to see if that makes any difference. If not service/repair/replacement would be the next logical option.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Alejandraanda
Paper Tape
Views: 6,660
Message 5 of 10

I did a factory reset but it didn't do anything, do you know where can I take my phone for service? Or what else can I do, I take so much care of my phone I don't know what could've happened 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,714
Message 6 of 10

@Alejandraanda wrote:

I did a factory reset but it didn't do anything, do you know where can I take my phone for service? Or what else can I do, I take so much care of my phone I don't know what could've happened 

You can request a repair here. Hope this helps.  -Swaraj

Alejandraanda
Paper Tape
Views: 6,632
Message 7 of 10

Thank you
Anilanto
What's DOS?
Views: 4,925
Message 8 of 10

Fingerprint Sensor not working

Fingerprint Sensor not working, suddenly stopped. I tried factory reset it not solved.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,877
Message 9 of 10

@Anilanto wrote:

Fingerprint Sensor not working, suddenly stopped. I tried factory reset it not solved.

Hi Anilanto,

Thank you for reporting, sorry about the ongoing issue with your device 'Fingerprint sensor' not working. Just to narrow down—may I know from when are you noticing this issue? What was the last thing you did on your device before you could notice the issue? Have you already tried removing all the Fingerprints account's and added them again? If yes, does that make any difference? Are you getting any error message? If yes, could you post a screenshot—we would like to take a look.

Also, have your device come in contact with liquid infiltration by any chance? 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support 

ZarifM
What's DOS?
Views: 2,060
Message 10 of 10

I tried it, but It didn't make a difference

Top Kudoed Authors