Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fatlip229
Fanfold Paper
Views: 506
Message 1 of 6

Forcing update on XT1922-5 RETLA

I have a XT1922-5 on the RETLA channel. I received the OPPS27.91.143-2 Nov 1st security update OTA however that is the first and only update I have received I should have received AT THE VERY LEAST OPPS27.91.177-2 is there anyway I can force these updates with a moto tool or other method? I would prefer not to have to flash this phone however I'd also prefer not to have a phone vulnerable to unpatched 0-day exploits

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 460
Message 2 of 6

Re: Forcing update on XT1922-5 RETLA

@fatlip229 wrote:

I have a XT1922-5 on the RETLA channel. I received the OPPS27.91.143-2 Nov 1st security update OTA however that is the first and only update I have received I should have received AT THE VERY LEAST OPPS27.91.177-2 is there anyway I can force these updates with a moto tool or other method? I would prefer not to have to flash this phone however I'd also prefer not to have a phone vulnerable to unpatched 0-day exploits

Hi fatlip229,

Thank you for writing to us, let me try to help you. First, let me check your IMEI to see what updates you should be on? Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Do let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

fatlip229
Fanfold Paper
Views: 445
Message 3 of 6

IMEI and carrier updated. The phone has been factory reset as of 4PM CST 5/21/2019 and still no updates 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 406
Message 4 of 6

@fatlip229 wrote:

IMEI and carrier updated. The phone has been factory reset as of 4PM CST 5/21/2019 and still no updates 

Great, thanks for updating your profile. I'd like to take a look a bit further. Can you please confirm your location? If you're using it in the US then it's likely that it won't get the update as the model you're using was intended for sale in Latin America and the updates are restricted to those regions.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

fatlip229
Fanfold Paper
Views: 393
Message 5 of 6

it's being used in the US it was bought off ebay advertised as an unlocked retail version but here we are. Is there a way to update this officially or is flashing the only option ? If i'm not able to update officially why exactly was I able to get the OTA to the nov 1st patch but nothing else?

bobbypty
Paper Tape
Views: 267
Message 6 of 6

Hello. I bought my phone on Amazon USA and had it shipped to Panama City, Panama (Latin America) where it is being used at this moment and I have not received a notification to install Android Pie.

Is there a way to do this manually or can you help me get this OTA update

IMEI information is in my profile

Top Kudoed Authors