Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
HalfGlass
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 1 of 5

Front Flash Flashes Once at Start Up

My Moto G6 front flash flashes once when powering up the phone. It didn't always do that and stopped again for awhile after trying a factory reset. Stopped again when upgrading to Android 9. Will even do the one flash thingy when booting up in safe mode. My Moto Z4 doesn't do this.

So is this thing taking my picture? Any thoughts?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 190
Message 2 of 5

Re: Front Flash Flashes Once at Start Up

Hi HalfGlass,

Thanks for the post. I'd like to confirm, how bright was it when it flashes? Does it always happen whenever you reboot the phone? If so, can you share a sample video showing this behavior? I would first consider the battery charge of the device when it happen, make sure it's not in deep discharge when you duplicate it. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

HalfGlass
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 3 of 5

Hi, Flash is quick and dim, and flashes before blue startup graphic. Battery is fully charged (100%). Happens every time I start phone.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 141
Message 4 of 5

Hi HalfGlass,

Can you please confirm if it's the camera flash of the device and not the LED screen? If it's the flash, then that's not normal behavior and there could be faulty hardware in the phone. If you can send me a sample video, that will be great. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

HalfGlass
Paper Tape
Views: 128
Message 5 of 5

Hi. Definitely the front camera flash. Just going to put black tape over the front camera lens for piece of mind.
Top Kudoed Authors