Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregaignon
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 1 of 3

G6 Play - extensive problems with many apps freezing

I’ve had my G6 Play for about 6 months.  In the last couple of days, many apps take several minutes to start, or don’t start at all.  This includes native apps like Chrome - a white screen comes up but it doesn’t load the previous site, won’t let me type a search or URL, etc. - total freeze.  The glide-typing also doesn’t work, on the apps that do work well enough to accept text input - I have to type character-by-character.  (I checked the settings and glide typing is enabled on Gboard.)  I’ve tried restarting it, and uninstalled about half my apps, to no avail.  

Gregaignon
Paper Tape
Views: 93
Message 2 of 3

Re: G6 Play - extensive problems with many apps freezing

The home, back, and recent buttons at bottom of screen are also very slow.  They often take 5-20 seconds to respond.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 55
Message 3 of 3

Re: G6 Play - extensive problems with many apps freezing

Hi Gregaignon,

Thank you for reaching out, we would like to help. Have you tried using your device while in Safe Mode? I understand that this is happening in your pre-installed applications as well. This will help us to further isolate the concern. Please be reminded that while in this mode, third-party apps are temporarily disabled on the device.

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors