Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denniswilson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 798
Message 1 of 5

G6 Play screen lock sound

I have my AT&T G6 play for about 3  weeks now.

About a week ago the screen lock sound/chime stopped working when the screen went to sleep.

Toggled the "screen lock sound" on and off in the settings.  Also rebooted phone.  Still no sound.  All sound notifications are on.

Any souloutions would be appreciated.  Thanks !

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 793
Message 2 of 5

Re: G6 Play screen lock sound

Hi denniswilson,

Thanks for posting. Does it also have no lock sound when you press the power button to manually lock the phone? Make sure you're not on vibrate mode and/or DND mode. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

denniswilson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 772
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rich

Correct...no lock sound with power button as well.
DND mode is off. Not on vibrate mode as well.

Started phone in safe mode also...no screen lock sound either.

Also reset all apps 

denniswilson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 730
Message 4 of 5

Update....ok....heres what I noticed. I turned the media volume all the way up and I do hear a click sound when I lock the screen manually with the power button only. However, when the phone was brand new the screen would auto-lock after 1 minute and it would make the default chime sound (ding-ding). This sound has stopped when auto locking. So now I'm wondering if it is supposed to make the chime sound or not when auto-locking.
denniswilson
Fanfold Paper
Views: 715
Message 5 of 5

Update #2
Ok...I'm so dumb....my bad,
Today I realized what was making that chime sound when the screen went to sleep and locked.
It is a Moto Suggestion app that I did not open. So every time the screen locked, it would make that nice chime sound if I didn't open it. Realized this moment when I saw the notification from Moto Suggestions and didn't open it. It stays on the screen and when the screen locks/sleeps it chimes. I think I'll leave it there...I like the chime !!Smiley SurprisedSmiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors