Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
scaribari
What's DOS?
Views: 110
Message 1 of 3

G6 Play won't take charge, won't

So I've had this phone for more than a year now, and it's been running pretty smoothly for most of that time.  It recently prompted me to update, and after procrastinating for a few days, I finally did so last Tuesday or Wednesday.  It seemed to go fine, but last night, my phone died while it still had an 18% charge.  

I thought maybe the battery shorted out, so I plugged it in overnight, which is plenty of time for it to achieve a full charge.  Woke up this morning and it achieved 20% total charge.  Still, that was enough to turn it on, but when I did that, it booted normally right up until the part where I should be able to see my background, the time, and unlock my phone.  There's no time display like there should be, I can see the background, but swiping any direction does nothing, and the power button does nothing.  It basically just shows the background of my phone and does nothing. 

I tried Find My Phone and that set off the ringtone, which I was able to stop with the power button.  I tried to call it, and I was able to call it and from THERE, unlock and access my phone, but I'm not in a position to have my phone acting like this, or to replace it unless absolutely necessary.  Is anyone else having these issues?  Is there a fix?  

KarlBeckman
802.11n
Views: 90
Message 2 of 3

Re: G6 Play won't take charge, won't

Apparently you did not heed the numerous forum suggestions to ALWAYS CLEAR THE CACHE memory after a version update, and then fully charge the battery overnight.  The battery voltage charge calibration points in memory often get written over during an update.  There are slightly different instructions for clearing the cache memory of the different product families and generations.

scaribari
What's DOS?
Views: 69
Message 3 of 3

Re: G6 Play won't take charge, won't

Yikes. The over-the-top sarcasm and rudeness is 100% unnecessary. I'm new to this forum; you can clearly see that from the fact that I have one post - two, including this one. You want to check yourself before you make yourself look any more like a jerk? Thanks.

If you'd read my post, or the title of the thread, you would see that my phone did not take a charge overnight. That information is right there in the very first sentence of paragraph two. I know how to clear my cache; that was not indicated anywhere in the instructions of the update that was pushed to my phone.

Have a wonderful day. An attitude adjustment would definitely help. Smiley Happy
Top Kudoed Authors