Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wicky_be
Punch Card
Views: 16,853
Message 1 of 256

G6 Plus GPS not working

Google Maps and Waze are unable to get a GPS fix on my G6 Plus.  When I use Waze, it reports (translated from Dutch):

Waze is linking GPS
No GPS. Approximate location is shown

In Settings/Location, I tried both 'Device only' and  'High accuracy' but both result in the same Waze message.

I also downloaded a 'GPS Status' app and all it does is trying to get a GPS fix forever (it never succeeds).

The Location icon appears in the status bar on the smartphone as soon as I start any of these apps, but they are never able to get a GPS location.

-Eric-

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,664
Message 2 of 256

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

Hello, Wicky_be

May I know where are you testing your device? Is it indoor or outdoor? Have you tested your device GPS in "Device Help app" if yes, let us know your observation?

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Update your profile -link

Thanks,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Wicky_be
Punch Card
Views: 16,653
Message 3 of 256

The device is currently outside on a table, running the GPS test in the 'Device Help' app.  After 30 minutes, it is unable to find any satellite.   I've updated my profile.  Feel free to look at my apps to see if any are a possible source of problems.

-Eric-

GPS.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,633
Message 4 of 256

Hello Wicky_be,

Thank you for testing and sharing us a screenshot. Let me share your feedback with our product team for further investigation on this.

We would need more information in regards to the location in specific. Ex-- If you are outdoors in the mountain area, or surrounded by the building where you are testing this or indoor house? Also, please confirm if you have tested this in safe mode?

Thanks,

Swaraj

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Wicky_be
Punch Card
Views: 16,588
Message 5 of 256

There are no mountains, trees or high buildings anywhere near me - it's just outside on a table.  I'm running the GPS hardware test in safe mode right now, but after 15 minutes, it still hasn't found a single satellite.  A Garmin GPS that's lying next to the G6 Plus needs less than 1 minute to find the required number of satellites.

-Eric-

beta64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,547
Message 6 of 256

Hello Moto ;-) and Eric,

same problem applies to my G6 (XT1925-5). GPS Hardware Test doesn't find any Sat in open space condition, too, tested in Safe Mode. GPS test found just one single satellite, so the function is not completely off.
A few days ago, navigation was working very well and fast, even when the phone was inside a backpack and connected via bluetooth to my headphone. It suddenly failed since 2 days. Several restarts of the phone have been performed, to no avail.

Regards,

Peter

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,545
Message 7 of 256

Hello, Wicky_be beta64

Thank you for confirming, sorry about the trouble. We want to look further into this, if you can update your profile with the IMEI of your device, this can help us investigate and see what's causing the disconnect. Also, kindly send a bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Highlighted
beta64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,533
Message 8 of 256

Here ist my Bug Report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0VKkaV7Qnuna7GycS9Lg-M-IoWvxxlR/view?usp=drivesdk

Made the GPS HW Test at 12:12 local time (UTC+2)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,518
Message 9 of 256

@beta64 wrote:

Here ist my Bug Report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0VKkaV7Qnuna7GycS9Lg-M-IoWvxxlR/view?usp=drivesdk

Made the GPS HW Test at 12:12 local time (UTC+2)

Hi beta64,

Thank you for sharing us the Bug report, please be informed that we have shared the same with our engineer team for further investigation in regards to the same. We will keep you posted here once we have an update.

Regards,

Swaraj

Ruben66
Blue Screen Again
Views: 16,440
Message 10 of 256

I had the same problem also, but I manage to (temporarely) resolve this after every reboot.

Reboot - Go to configuration - security & location -  Privacy  location  - modus -  and toggle from bottom to top with a few seconds in between  (so device only, battery saving - full accuracy)

(this is all translated from a menu in the dutch language, so something like that) ..

After that the GPS works good, untill it falls out again, then start from the beginning.

I hope it can be definitively solved in the near feature.

Top Kudoed Authors