Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meredith_D
Punch Card
Views: 640
Message 241 of 250

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

@beta64 wrote:

Meredith, did you change the Location Mode or only observe if it's set to High Accuracy? It seems to me the trigger is set when switching the Mode in the mentioned sequence Device only->Battery saving->High accuracy once GPS had been turned off. Solely residing in High accuracy wouldn't pull that trigger then. And give it a few seconds in between the states, I used the previously mentioned 4 seconds and the procedure almost always succeeded.

I tried turning the high accuracy feature off and on again leaving a few seconds in between if that's what you're asking. It hasn't worked.

Edje112
What's DOS?
Views: 576
Message 242 of 250

It looks that the gps is working fine for me again after updating to Android 9 (Build PPW29.116-20)

Moat2
Paper Tape
Views: 569
Message 243 of 250

Also my gps is working constantly. I dont know the reason. Android 8.0.0

kakukkmarci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 525
Message 244 of 250

Me too Smiley Happy
wmacedo
What's DOS?
Views: 454
Message 245 of 250

Hello Lenovo people,

When will build PPW29.116-20 be available for Brazil? I have the same issuees and our latest update is Build PPW29.116-16.2. This fix is needed urgently.

DutchArif
What's DOS?
Views: 354
Message 246 of 250

Since the update the GPS on my G6plus is better at finding a signal, but unfortunately the problem is not solved. At times, it still had problems finding location and guiding me while driving. I will get rid of this phone. 

kakukkmarci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 323
Message 247 of 250

New security update today: PPWS29.116-20-2

My GPS still works fine. 

veloblur
Punch Card
Views: 286
Message 248 of 250

I have Pie PPWS29.116-11-2 and the GPS is still flaky. What I notice is that sometimes, I start Waze in the underground carpark where there is no GPS signal. Of course, Waze reports that it is unable to locate GPS. I key in my destination, then fully expect it to lock on once I am above ground. This doesn't happen, the location icon is on, but Waze cannot get a fix. Even after I stop Waze and restart it again or change to Google Maps, the location fix does not happen. I have to stop the navigation app, go into settings, location and mess around in there with the Google location accuracy which doesn't really allow me to do anything except turn it on and off. Then sometimes it comes back. Other times, it's still lost... I'm not sure if this is a good way to trigger the issue or it may be a red herring. 

However, I must state that doing all this when driving is really dangerous. And sometimes there is no convenient place to stop. This should be fixed.

t146671
What's DOS?
Views: 92
Message 249 of 250

I've bought a G6 and have the same problems mentioned here. It seemed fixed after running an update. But when I checked it again after a next update it failed again (using Here We Go, which kept showing Waiting for GPS). Switching GPS off and then on again or varying the accuracy seems to to get it going for a while but bottom line is that it is not reliable. I am going to return the G6 to the shop (which I can still do for another 1,5 week).

beta64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 83
Message 250 of 250

Yes, you better use your chance to get rid of it in time.
In early stages of this problem been reported, Lenovo support has asked big bunches of symptoms from various users but never made any noticeable progress in their investigations. It might be fixed in newer generations of the Moto but I guess none of the error reporting customers will ever consider this brand again when it's time for a new device...

Top Kudoed Authors