Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hurt
Punch Card
Views: 463
Message 251 of 256

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

Hey Lenovo,

did you know that this hasn't been magically fixed with Android 9 update? Who could have thought that!? xD

So: Still the same GPS issues on my G6 (non-Plus).

Any further suggestions (beside waiting for Android 10)?

Thanks!

Hurt
Punch Card
Views: 421
Message 252 of 256

This issue (thread) is over a year old now.

You were telling us to wait for Android 9 to see if the issue is fixed magically (which it isn't) - in fact, it's worse than before now and also other users (that didn't have any GPS issues before) are reporting that there are GPS issues after the update.

I've also tried the suggestions by USERS (not by Lenovo/Motorola as it should be) in this forum to fix the GPS issues that started with Android 9 - they didn't work on my phone.

So what are your next steps in order to solve this issue?

Meredith_D
Punch Card
Views: 388
Message 253 of 256

This is incredibly frustrating, and none of the fixes posted worked for me, unfortunately. I love everything else about this phone except the GPS, which is almost completely unusable for the purposes of tracking my aerobic activity. It's off by over 1/2 a mile at times, not just a few feet. My 1.8-mile walk home a few days ago was logged at 2.03 miles. 

Strangely, it seems to work okay on the road most of the time, but I certainly don't trust it.

Hurt
Punch Card
Views: 339
Message 254 of 256

Hm, opened a ticket at Motorola/Lenovo Germany last week - they replied that they are not aware of any GPS issues with that model and asked me which solutions I've tried (pointed them to this forum thread, which they found interesting but refused to read) and afterwards asked me to reset my device to factory default settings (which I denied because the problem exists from the beginning - with a "clean" phone).

Well, I guess the only option left is just to don't buy any of their phones in the future. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 227
Message 255 of 256

Hi All,

If you are still facing the issue with GPS post Pie update--please try the following steps mentioned here as it seems to be helpful for few users--or post on the same thread. I have re-escalated this to our GPS team again. Will keep you posted once I hear back from them.

Thanks & Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Hurt
Punch Card
Views: 222
Message 256 of 256

Already did of course. Seems like I'm not among the happy users where this did solve the issue.

Top Kudoed Authors