Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wicky_be
Punch Card
Views: 2,053
Message 21 of 250

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

Waze removed , phone rebooted.  Started GPS HW test at 14:20 in GMT+2 - can't find any satellites (test ran for about 15 minutes).  Bug report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNMv8GA7xAhcQpQTRk29HmepU81VR2VE/view?usp=drivesdk

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,041
Message 22 of 250

@Wicky_be wrote:

Waze removed , phone rebooted.  Started GPS HW test at 14:20 in GMT+2 - can't find any satellites (test ran for about 15 minutes).  Bug report: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wNMv8GA7xAhcQpQTRk29HmepU81VR2VE/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi Wicky_be,

Thank you for sharing with us the "Bug Report" we have shared your information with our engineer team for further investigation. We will keep you posted here once we have an update.

Thanks,
Swaraj

Moto support

KashJain
What's DOS?
Views: 2,008
Message 23 of 250

Hi team,

Even my GPS seems to be not working. can you please help me with resolving the same. I am using Moto G6.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,003
Message 24 of 250

@KashJain wrote:

Hi team,

Even my GPS seems to be not working. can you please help me with resolving the same. I am using Moto G6.

Thanks

Hi KashJain,

Sorry to hear about that, may I know what is the exact issue you are facing, are you having difficulties with "Google Map"? 

Best Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 1,989
Message 25 of 250

The first launch and catching the fix in "Google Maps" actually takes a very long time and may give the impression that the GPS does not work but it is not the phone's fault only the application itself and "Google services" which in recent times may cause problems. Then the phone catches the fix in a few seconds especially as the mobile data on the phone is turned on. With me on Moto G6 it takes no more than 2-3s.

MoZuhu
What's DOS?
Views: 1,860
Message 26 of 250

Same problem here with a G6. No GPS signal. 

Never installed Waze. 

Checked also with Test GPS App. Zero Satellites. Other phones close by (including a G6 Plus) had more than ten Satellites in view - immediately.

Seems to be a hardware problem.

scebit
What's DOS?
Views: 1,815
Message 27 of 250

Hi, i have the Same GPS Problem like the Others before. The workaround fromm ruben66 Works for a while then GPS fail again. 

Update / fix coming ? 

Ty

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,799
Message 28 of 250

@MoZuhu wrote:

Same problem here with a G6. No GPS signal. 

Never installed Waze. 

Checked also with Test GPS App. Zero Satellites. Other phones close by (including a G6 Plus) had more than ten Satellites in view - immediately.

Seems to be a hardware problem.

Thank you for reporting, could you confirm if you have tested this with different location? Does that make any difference? Could you share us some screenshots?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

scebit
What's DOS?
Views: 1,789
Message 29 of 250

Here is my Bug Report. Moto G6 plus. No GPS Signal. Workaround ruben66 works for a while then same issues again. 

Geoffllo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,727
Message 30 of 250

I have the same problem - constant "NO GPS" when trying to use Waze, Google Maps, Ultra GPS etc. The problem is DEFINITELY not related to my location or to any incorrect settings in my phone.

Please advise when a fix is found for this issue.

Geoff.

Top Kudoed Authors