Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geoffllo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,677
Message 51 of 250

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

The GPS issue persists! Very irritating now.

I have noticed that when I boot up my phone each morning, I get a message from Google asking whether I want them to help improve my location facilities. I can Agree or Disagree. I wonder if maybe Google are changing the location settings? Certainly, if I click on "Disagree" the location settings change to "Device Only"

Geoff.

Ruben66
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,662
Message 52 of 250

I have noticed the same thing after a reboot. It doesn't make a difference in my case, I still have to go to locations, status and change from device only in 2 steps to maximum to get the GPS working. Country doesn't matter, I have tried it in four country's the last week.

It is very dissapointing that this GPS issue is still not resolved, there should be more than enought data available to have a solution by now.

Geoffllo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,657
Message 53 of 250

Ruben66, I totally agree with you!!
Enough is enough Motorola, we put our trust in your technical guys and they are not fixing it!!!
We don't want a warranty claim. We don't want to send our phones back for repair.
WE WANT THE GPS WORKING!!!
Gerd54
Punch Card
Views: 1,650
Message 54 of 250

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem (GPS is not working) with my Moto G6+ since yesterday. I have used GPS not often and first time the problem I had discovered some weeks before. I could solve this problem accidentelly with changing the location modus about Security + location in the settings. Thank to Rubens66 for the description of a workaround. This confirmed my experience!

Now I use the location setting "only device" and GPS is working suddenly. Before I had the setting on "high accuracy" and GPS was not working. I have to watch now how long it's working yet. 

I think it cannot be a hardwareproblem when it's working sometimes and with other setting sometimes not (my opinion only).

I can very well understanding, that all user with this problem are very irritated about this problem since some weeks!

I hope the engineers find a solution very soon!

Nice weekend for all!

Geoffllo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,609
Message 55 of 250

Is anyone else getting a message on bootup from Google, as per this photo?? I think it may be related to the GPS issue

Geoff.

IMG_20180708_064521822_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Ruben66
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,606
Message 56 of 250

Yes, after a reboot I get this message. I have tried both agree & disagree, but that makes no difference.
I would say it is related, but in what way ?
Gerd54
Punch Card
Views: 1,604
Message 57 of 250

Good Morning (Europeens)

This morning I set off/set on my G6. Before I changed nothing and GPS was working yet.

After set on the phone, GPS was working not more.

I changed the location settings from "device only" to "high accuracy" and GPS was working after it.

Then I turned off/on my phone and GPS was not working after it.

Now I can change the location settings so often I want, GPS is not working. Between I have reseted GPS successful.

There are not really a workaround. Very strange!

Gerd54
Punch Card
Views: 1,602
Message 58 of 250

Correction: After some minutes GPS is working now! Strange!

Gerd54
Punch Card
Views: 1,547
Message 59 of 250

Good Morning all,

I want to inform you now about may latest experience with the GPS problem with Moto G6+ (Android version 8.00).

After my last post GPS worked all day (Sunday) without problems. After turn off/turn on the phone or newstart GPS was not working.

Then I made some tests: To first I toggled the location settings between high accuracy and device only. I was getting no GPS.

Then I toggled between GPS off (only mobile data and WLAN) and high accuracy  or device only . Then I was getting GPS very fast!

This is in my opinion a safe workaround for all user with this unsolved GPS problem.

I believe there are a problem during the systemstart. The system set to first GPS in off status regardless of wether the location settings are fixed. Only when the user changed the location settings from GPS off  to another position high accuracy or device only will be GPS activated. After turn on and start Android you have to first the location settings to toggle to GPS off and after it to one of a GPS on function. Then GPS is working safe. This is my experience from Sunday. The Google question by systemstart is in my opinion only an additional function that you can use or not.

In my opinion it's a software problem by systemstart. I don't understand why it's not solved yet from the software team after some weeks.

I hope it was helping!

DinoNucci
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,466
Message 60 of 250

@DinoNucci wrote:

What is the timeframe for an update / fix?  Hours, days, weeks?  

I have updated my profile with IMEI, and as mentioned above, sent multiple screenshots via direct message.

Motorola team, what is the timeframe for an update / fix?  Hours, days, weeks?  

Top Kudoed Authors