Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,373
Message 71 of 250

Re: G6 Plus GPS not working

@Mr_Blackburn wrote:

Just wanted to add my name to the list. GPS not functioning with sat nav apps. I will now attempt the workaround - or buy a different brand....

Hi Mr_Blackburn,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to learn about the ongoing issue that you have been facing. May I know if you have issue only with the "Sat nav app"? Have you tested with google maps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,373
Message 72 of 250

@Geoffllo wrote:

Swaraj

The profile update system will not accept the IMEI numbers nor the serial number of my phone.

So no, I haven't updated my profile as you recommend.

Geoff.

Sorry about the trouble, have you followed these steps? If not you can share us via private message. Here is how you can do it.

Let us know if you have further questions?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto support

Gerd54
Punch Card
Views: 1,369
Message 73 of 250

Hello Agent_Swaraj,

you can be sure there are not a problem with any nav app, it's a problem with the systemstart!

I hoped to have this explained already. During systemstart gets GPS off no matter how is fixed in the location settings.

I can not understand why Motorola need some weeks (months) to solve this simply problem?

beta64
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,357
Message 74 of 250

@Gerd54 wrote:

Hello Agent_Swaraj,

you can be sure there are not a problem with any nav app, it's a problem with the systemstart!

I hoped to have this explained already. During systemstart gets GPS off no matter how is fixed in the location settings.

I can not understand why Motorola need some weeks (months) to solve this simply problem?

Correct, Gerd. That's exactly the reason why I keep avoiding restarts of the phone since we discovered this relation.

JelleHeyman
Paper Tape
Views: 1,340
Message 75 of 250

GPS Moto G6 plus not accurate

Hello, 

I'm having problems with my gps location. It is not accurate and has a lot of delay. For instance when I turn left, my gsp won't follow me for 15 seconds and its quite annoying when I'm in the city and have to take a lot of turns in a short time.

I already made a bug report, which I enclosed in this message.

Also in Pokémon GO, my location is never on point. I already started my device in safe mode but that didn't solve anything. Can you help me out please? 

Thank you very much

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,261
Message 76 of 250

Re: GPS Moto G6 plus not accurate

@JelleHeyman wrote:

Hello, 

I'm having problems with my gps location. It is not accurate and has a lot of delay. For instance when I turn left, my gsp won't follow me for 15 seconds and its quite annoying when I'm in the city and have to take a lot of turns in a short time.

I already made a bug report, which I enclosed in this message.

Also in Pokémon GO, my location is never on point. I already started my device in safe mode but that didn't solve anything. Can you help me out please? 

Thank you very much

Thank you for reporting and sharing bug report. Appreciate your effort testing in safe mode. May I know if we are talking about the 'google maps' if yes, could you please try to perform the clear data/cache on your "Google Maps app" and test again. Let us know if you see any improvements?

If you are still able to replicate, then please share us another Bug report with wifi verbose enabled. Also, Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do so > settings > systems > Motorola privacy.

Let me know if need the steps? Do let us know if you have further questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,211
Message 77 of 250

Re: GPS Moto G6 plus not accurate

Hi All,

If you are still experiencing poor/slow Location Accuracy on your device, even when set to “Battery Savings Mode” or “High Accuracy” modes, you can try the below 'workaround steps' to recover from the issue.

To do so:-

1. Go to Settings/Security & Location/Location/Mode and select “Device Only”.

2. Open Google Maps Application and Tap on My Location Icon (circled in red).

3. When Consent Dialog prompt is displayed, select OK to give consent. Note: This will
automatically change Location Mode from “Device Only” to “High Accuracy”.

4. Power-Cycle Device.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,
Swaraj
Moto Support
Wicky_be
Punch Card
Views: 1,201
Message 78 of 250

For what it's worth: I received a Motorola update yesterday (Build OPWS27.113-45-4, kernel date Tue June 5 2018) and this appears to have fixed the problem.  After a reboot, the GPS still works.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,191
Message 79 of 250

@Wicky_be wrote:

For what it's worth: I received a Motorola update yesterday (Build OPWS27.113-45-4, kernel date Tue June 5 2018) and this appears to have fixed the problem.  After a reboot, the GPS still works.

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. We thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Geoffllo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,179
Message 80 of 250

Hi Swaraj

I'm pleased to say that I too no longer have the problem with the GPS, although it wasn't yesterday's Motorola update that fixed it, as it had gone for a while before that update. 

One day, I stopped getting the bootup message from Google (as per image sent to you) and that day the GPS worked perfectly.

Thanks again for your interest.

Regards, Geoff.

Top Kudoed Authors