Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Austin322
Paper Tape
Views: 972
Message 1 of 9

G6 Plus VOLTE

My 2019 UK purchased G6 Plus does not support VoLTE (and therefore doesn't support WiFi calling), yet my wife's G6 Play does both. Why is this?

Both phones were bought from Currys/PC World in January 2019, and we are both with the BT mobile contracts and BT broadband.

So, this is not carrier related, nor is it a supplier issue, this is a phone issue.

The G6 Plus is at the top of the Moto G range, so why does it not support VoLTE yet the cheapest model does?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 839
Message 2 of 9

Re: G6 Plus VOLTE

Hi Austin322,

Thanks for reporting us, please be advised that the reason 'Moto G6 Play' works fine is that— it's supported by BT carrier nativly— whereas the Moto G6 plus does not support VoLTE/WiFi calling natively by BT carrier. For more information please contact the respected Carrier. Hope this clarifies!

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Austin322
Paper Tape
Views: 787
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for your reply. After contacting BT, I do believe it is the phone which is stopping me from attempting to connect to VoLTE or voice over WiFi.

As BT rightly point out, my G6 Plus does not have the Network Settings option to turn on VoLTE, nor the Phone Settings to enable voice over WiFi. Without these, I cannot even attempt to perform those functions with BT, yet the G6 Play did have both those options out of the box and works perfectly.

My question to you is now: Can you please advise me on how I can enable these options in the G6 Plus?

Presumably it would mean a firmware update, but once I have the options enabled, I could then attempt those connections.

Many thanks.

korenisko1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 374
Message 4 of 9

I have similar situation at Orange SK network. (G6 and g6play both supports volte and vowifi, but not g6plus).
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 327
Message 5 of 9

Hi korenisko1,

Thanks for posting on this thread. We'll ask around and try to confirm this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

korenisko1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 317
Message 6 of 9

Thank You, hope, you can solve it with upgrade or so...
Austin322
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for looking into this, it will make a big difference if/when resolved.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 147
Message 8 of 9

Hi Austin322 and korenisko1,

We have confirmed that Orange Network and BT Mobile does not support VoLTE and VoWiFi for the Moto G6 Plus. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

korenisko1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 145
Message 9 of 9

🍇🍉😀 thanks for confirming this.

I hoped, that you poke devs, so Motorola include volte / vowifi support in next firmware update...

Top Kudoed Authors