Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chaeyoungssi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,702
Message 21 of 76

G6 Headphone jack doesn't work properly

Hello,

I just bought the g6 a short while ago, and on day 1 my earphones didn't work. I never had any problems with them and they still work on other devices. 

The weird thing is, from day 2 until today, they suddenly worked. I don't know what triggered it, but i suddenly had no issues wih my earphones, until today.

What's even more odd is that my HEADphones do work. So i'm not sure if the phone has trouble recognizing or registering my earphones and if it has something to do with the confirmed audio issues. 

What should i do? Should i just bring it back for a new one?

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 3,686
Message 22 of 76

Re: G6 Headphone jack doesn't work properly

Pay attention to the jack plug, I have already heard that not all headphones have a standard contact width on the pin. It also happens that the plug does not come to the end if it has a thick handle and you use the case in the phone.

Chaeyoungssi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,650
Message 23 of 76

Yeah the only differences i noticed is that the plug on my headphones might be the tiniest bit longer and it's a TRRS plug instead of the TRS plug on my headphones.

So it's just that the phone in general kind of has a wonky headphone jack, i assume?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,651
Message 24 of 76

@Chaeyoungssi wrote:

Hello,

I just bought the g6 a short while ago, and on day 1 my earphones didn't work. I never had any problems with them and they still work on other devices. 

The weird thing is, from day 2 until today, they suddenly worked. I don't know what triggered it, but i suddenly had no issues wih my earphones, until today.

What's even more odd is that my HEADphones do work. So i'm not sure if the phone has trouble recognizing or registering my earphones and if it has something to do with the confirmed audio issues. 

What should i do? Should i just bring it back for a new one?

Hi Chaeyoungssi,

Thank you for reporting us, this is odd. Well at this point I would suggest continuing to observe your device and let us know if you come across any challenges? We would be glad to help.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Chaeyoungssi
Paper Tape
Views: 3,645
Message 25 of 76

Thanks for reaching out to me.

It's morning here now and suddenly my earphones work again. This happened last time they malfunctioned as well.

I don't know if it's relevant, but my headphones have a TRRS plug and my earphones have a TRS plug. The TRRS plug might be the tiniest bit longer though.

As for wiggling the plug around. It gives no result. I'm pretty sure the plug is as snug as can be.
Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 3,574
Message 26 of 76

For my phone it wasn't about wiggling it about, I had to push the plug in quite hard, although I'm now wondering if the cover was getting in the way.....

Ok I've just been playing around with it a bit more, my cover is slightly interefering with the plug but not enough to stop it going fully home (with a firm push to click it fully home, as mentioned).

But their is another issue which I hadn't noticed before when I was playing music in my car from my phone (or I'd forgotten about it!), when I plug the jack in I get the usual warning about not playing music too loud into headphones, I'm not playing it into headphones so I crank the phone up to max volume, which it does for about a second & then the phone's volume drops back down again! (It was so quiet I didn't hear it at 1st & I thought it had stopped working). And this is despite the volume being shown still as at max, which it clearly isn't!

If I unplug the jack & replug it, it's loud for about a second again & then goes quiet again!

Most annoying! The phone seems to be over-riding my over-ride! This is a bug isn't it? Especially seeing as the volume is still being shown as at max.......

Forgot to say, the warning about listening with the volume too loud only popped up the 1st time I plugged it in today.

Priyabrata2
What's DOS?
Views: 3,494
Message 27 of 76

Re: G6 headphone jack not working

Hi,

I have tried with many earphones along with the default one in the box in my new motog6play phone.. sound is coming from speaker only.. earphones jack is not working.

Can you please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,481
Message 28 of 76

Re: G6 headphone jack not working

@Priyabrata2 wrote:

Hi,

I have tried with many earphones along with the default one in the box in my new motog6play phone.. sound is coming from speaker only.. earphones jack is not working.

Can you please help.

Hi Priyabrata2,

If you have already tested with multiple headsets and yet your device is not recognizing the headset--then the next option would be service/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,453
Message 29 of 76

@Assimilator1 wrote:

For my phone it wasn't about wiggling it about, I had to push the plug in quite hard, although I'm now wondering if the cover was getting in the way.....

Ok I've just been playing around with it a bit more, my cover is slightly interefering with the plug but not enough to stop it going fully home (with a firm push to click it fully home, as mentioned).

But their is another issue which I hadn't noticed before when I was playing music in my car from my phone (or I'd forgotten about it!), when I plug the jack in I get the usual warning about not playing music too loud into headphones, I'm not playing it into headphones so I crank the phone up to max volume, which it does for about a second & then the phone's volume drops back down again! (It was so quiet I didn't hear it at 1st & I thought it had stopped working). And this is despite the volume being shown still as at max, which it clearly isn't!

If I unplug the jack & replug it, it's loud for about a second again & then goes quiet again!

Most annoying! The phone seems to be over-riding my over-ride! This is a bug isn't it? Especially seeing as the volume is still being shown as at max.......

Forgot to say, the warning about listening with the volume too loud only popped up the 1st time I plugged it in today.

Hi Assimilator1,

Thanks for reporting, regarding "phone's volume drops back" could you try with different headsets and see if you can replicate this? Let us know how it goes?

Also, if you can try with different "ox- cable" and test. Share us your observation on this.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 3,326
Message 30 of 76

For gods sake what is wrong with this forum????? It keeps deleting my posts! All I'm doing is

replying about my phone!

5th attempt!!!!!

Priyabrata2

Have you tried pushing it somewhat harder than normal to make sure the jack clicks fully home? I

discovered mine wasn't unless I gave it quite a hard push (is better now on that front btw).

Or did you look real close at the jack to make sure it was fully home?

wrote:

For my phone it wasn't about wiggling it about, I had to push the plug in quite hard, although

I'm now wondering if the cover was getting in the way.....

Ok I've just been playing around with it a bit more, my cover is slightly interefering with the

plug but not enough to stop it going fully home (with a firm push to click it fully home, as

mentioned).

But their is another issue which I hadn't noticed before when I was playing music in my car from

my phone (or I'd forgotten about it!), when I plug the jack in I get the usual warning about not

playing music too loud into headphones, I'm not playing it into headphones so I crank the phone up to

max volume, which it does for about a second & then the phone's volume drops back down again! (It was

so quiet I didn't hear it at 1st & I thought it had stopped working). And this is despite the volume

being shown still as at max, which it clearly isn't!

Most annoying! The phone seems to be over-riding my over-ride! This is a bug isn't it? Especially

seeing as the volume is still being shown as at max.......

Forgot to say, the warning about listening with the volume too loud only popped up the 1st time I

plugged it in today.

Hi Assimilator1,

Thanks for reporting, regarding "phone's volume drops back" could you try with different headsets and

see if you can replicate this? Let us know how it goes?

Also, if you can try with different "ox- cable" and test. Share us your observation on this.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

What's an ox-cable??

I've since used the phone in the car & plugged it into the jack lead, on 1st plugging it in & playing

music (via VLC) it's fine, but if I unplug it, & plug it back in it plays fine for 1-2s, then it

pauses the music briefly, restarts & the volume is low (but showing max on the slider) & sound

quality is muffled. This happens with Google music player too (which I don't normally use as it's

rubbish, won't play directories!).

I've just been playing around with it some more (using another jack lead connecting my phone to my PC

speakers) & I've finally discovered when it plays properly & stays that way!

If I plug in the jack lead before running VLC or Google Music Play, or before playing music but VLC

or GMP is on, then when I start the music the volume is loud & clear.

If I pull out the jack lead (whilst music is playing) & plug it back in, it starts loud & clear, but

then theirs a brief pause (which I've now noticed that sometimes the music comes out on the phone's

speaker at this point), then it plays back out to the jack but it's quiet & muffled.

If I then pause the music, unplug the jack, wait a few seconds & plug it back in, & hit play the

music volume & quality is then good again.

So basically it seems to be some kind of bug with the 'detecting removal & replugging jack

lead/headphones' feature whilst music is playing.

Top Kudoed Authors