Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,244
Message 31 of 82

Re: G6 Headphone jack doesn't work properly

Hi Assimilator1,

Thank you for replying and sharing more information on this. We will share your report with our product team. 

Update:

If you are able to replicate this in safe mode and already performed the wipe cache partition with no result then the next option would be service/exchange/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Naresh9853
What's DOS?
Views: 1,208
Message 32 of 82

Re: G6 headphone jack not working

Yesterday (19th July 2018) I had purchased Moto G6, when I tried to check headphone then it is not working.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,196
Message 33 of 82

@Naresh9853 wrote:

Yesterday (19th July 2018) I had purchased Moto G6, when I tried to check headphone then it is not working.

Hi Naresh9853,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to learn about the headphone issue. We would like to know more;

• What do you mean by not working, does it not work at all? Or does it work intermittently?
  • Have you tried the above steps and suggestion already, does that make any difference?
  • Have you tested with different headsets, does that work fine? 

Let us know if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 1,145
Message 34 of 82

Ok, I don't know how to go into safe mode on a phone, or wipe the cache, gotta link about that? Smiley Happy

And what's an ox lead again?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 958
Message 35 of 82
Moved:

Shanmt1999
Paper Tape
Views: 934
Message 36 of 82

My Moto G6 headphone jack isn't working.

Here's my test shot.

Only headset fails.  When headphones plugged in, mic fails too.

Can you please assist?

TIA, <3

Laurensha
What's DOS?
Views: 910
Message 37 of 82

Re: Earphones not working with G6 plus

I am so thankful for this easy solution. I really thought i Had to replace my Phone. You really got to press hard tho

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 907
Message 38 of 82

Re: Earphones not working with G6 plus

Huh? What easy solution???

[edit]Oh , you mean press the plug in hard? Lol, I thought you meant press Motorola hard for an answer Smiley Wink

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 889
Message 39 of 82

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi Assimilator1,

Thank you for replying and sharing more information on this. We will share your report with our product team. 

Update:

If you are able to replicate this in safe mode and already performed the wipe cache partition with no result then the next option would be service/exchange/replacement.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Hi

As I posted on July 27th, I don't know how to go into safe mode or wipe the partition cache, have you got a link on how to do that for my phone? (Would save me trawling through Google, possibly for ages! Smiley Wink ).

Will I loose any of my data doing the cache wipe? Or is that just to speed up apps & the system?

Also on July 6th, you suggested trying an 'ox-lead', I asked you twice since what that is, 3rd time lucky? Smiley Wink...... oh wait, did you mean aux cable? lol, Google seems to think so.

In which case (as you know), yes I have (I called it a jack lead).

Inccidentally I discovered that I was having more than 1 problem, it turns out the aux lead in my car doesn't seem to lock in properly to the socket (whilst my one at home does, with a hard shove). That lead is from Ebay, so maybe suspect quality, but I had no problems with it plugging it into my old cheapo Kestrel EE (Huwaei) phone! It's not easy to change that lead either as it's soldered into a switch I had to fit whick hooks into the CD changers audio lead (my 17yr old BMs stereo doesn't have a working aux port, units a few months later did).

Incase you're unsure, I still have the problem of the audio going very quiet & muffled if I remove/refit the jack lead whilst playing music, so I'll try the safe mode & partition wipe if you still think that might help, when I know how Smiley Tongue

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 881
Message 40 of 82

Hi Assimilator1,

Apologies for the confusion, and sorry that I did not notice your previous post. 

Interesting to know and appreciate your efforts in trying to find out the root cause, which as per your previous comments sounds like a bad aux lead/jack lead on your car. We understand that its non-removable, as it did sounded a bit strange that it works fine at your home and not in the car.

However, we can certainly test in safe mode to see if that makes any difference.

Also, I would like to know-- if it is possible to test in a different car just to narrow down. If you still feel there is an issue, you can send your device so our team can diagnose the same and help you accordingly.

We thank you for patience.Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors