Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AL2009man
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 41 of 82

Re: G6 headphone jack not working

I recently gotten a Moto G6 Play from Boost Mobile on August 27th, 2018. I set everything up, download the apps and installed the software updates This night, I found out that the Headphones Jack isn't working.

I did a quick research on both my current headphone's size (my headphone is Mpow 071 and just for extra measure, I took out my "America Airlines earbuds" just test this out)

and the phone itself just to make sure if my phone supports it or not.

I can confirm that it's suppose to be 3.5mm, and yet, it's not responding and I can feel the jack doesnt fit in properly.

AL2009man
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 42 of 82

I found out the solution.

seems like the Headphone Jack plug size is off, it is the cause of most headphones to not work, in order for it to work, you have to push it in.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 622
Message 43 of 82

Hi AL2009man,

We thank you for your feedback since it is a new device it is possible that you might have to push the headphone in a jack with a bit of force so it sits in properly.

Hope this is working fine.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
AL2009man
Paper Tape
Views: 614
Message 44 of 82

I already did that yesterday after getting a new phone case. after I found out that audio came from my headphone, i took it off, take the case off and plug it again, but this time, by pushing it in.

I knewed that the jack feels off by the moment I got a new phone.

kabrasco
Paper Tape
Views: 536
Message 45 of 82

I'm having the same issue, though it's even more confusing because it came out of the blue. I have used my G6 Play since June without issues, numerous headphones and line outs, worked great. As of yesterday however, it simply will not pipe sound through the jack anymore, have tried a dozen devices. It did not get dropped or damaged, it literally just sat on my bedside table overnight. Did the system do some sort of auto-update that accidentally disabled the jack? 

I tried adding the headphone status symbol to the status bar, but that setting was ignored, even after reset. Are there any fixes to this? It genuinely seems to be a software issue.

Thx.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 527
Message 46 of 82

@kabrasco wrote:

I'm having the same issue, though it's even more confusing because it came out of the blue. I have used my G6 Play since June without issues, numerous headphones and line outs, worked great. As of yesterday however, it simply will not pipe sound through the jack anymore, have tried a dozen devices. It did not get dropped or damaged, it literally just sat on my bedside table overnight. Did the system do some sort of auto-update that accidentally disabled the jack? 

I tried adding the headphone status symbol to the status bar, but that setting was ignored, even after reset. Are there any fixes to this? It genuinely seems to be a software issue.

Thx.

Hi kabrasco,

This is odd, can we quickly test in 'Moto help app' > audio connection and let us know how it goes? You can also share us a screenshot. Regarding the 'symbol to the status bar' — may I know what do you mean by 'settings ignored'?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
kabrasco
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 47 of 82

If you mean the "Device Help" app, I booted that up and selected Test Hardware. There is a Heaset option, but when I selected Begin Test with a set of headphones plugged in, it simply played the test pattern through the phone's onboard speaker. It then asked me if the test worked, which it kinda did but actually didn't, since I was only interested in testing the headphone capabilities, so I selected "No", and now the test shows as Failed, presumably just because I selected No, rather than a literal diagnostic run by the phone that arrived at that conclusion. 

As far as the status bar. I read in an earlier message that holding the wrench button in the status bar would allow the System UI Tuner to suddenly appear as an option within the System menu. Indeed it appeared, and it has an option to add Headset to the status bar (see screenshot), which I hoped would allow me to turn it on and off in an attempt to trouble shoot. However, even after I reset, that Headset option does not appear alongside the other (Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, Dolby Audio, etc) status bar options.  

I'm really hoping the jack isn't toast. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 505
Message 48 of 82

@kabrasco wrote:

If you mean the "Device Help" app, I booted that up and selected Test Hardware. There is a Heaset option, but when I selected Begin Test with a set of headphones plugged in, it simply played the test pattern through the phone's onboard speaker. It then asked me if the test worked, which it kinda did but actually didn't, since I was only interested in testing the headphone capabilities, so I selected "No", and now the test shows as Failed, presumably just because I selected No, rather than a literal diagnostic run by the phone that arrived at that conclusion. 

As far as the status bar. I read in an earlier message that holding the wrench button in the status bar would allow the System UI Tuner to suddenly appear as an option within the System menu. Indeed it appeared, and it has an option to add Headset to the status bar (see screenshot), which I hoped would allow me to turn it on and off in an attempt to trouble shoot. However, even after I reset, that Headset option does not appear alongside the other (Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb, Dolby Audio, etc) status bar options.  

I'm really hoping the jack isn't toast. 

This is odd, it looks like a hardware issue to me — not sure though. If you have already tested with multiple headsets and device help, yet failing to recognize the headset plugged. The next logical option would be to send your device for repair.

As far as your other comment, It would only show you the 'headset' Icon at the top - once you have plugged the headset in your device.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

TJ99
What's DOS?
Views: 467
Message 49 of 82

Hi.  Bought my G6 on Monday 10/15/18, .  Same issue as others.  Half the time it works when i put my headphones in the jack, half the time nothing.  Brand new Phillips headphones.  Shoudl i replace it for another one at Best Buy?  Thanks

TJ99
What's DOS?
Views: 466
Message 50 of 82

My G6 did not come with headphones.  My new Phillips headphones are hit or miss when i put them in.  I use them all the time for conference calls.

Top Kudoed Authors