Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 488
Message 61 of 76

Re: G6 headphone jack not working

Hello Moto

It appears that Moto G6 Play have factory fault, because I have this same problem, the headphone jack does not work at all, nothingh, zero

Please advise of how to replace the mobile phone in UK

regards: Krys

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 460
Message 62 of 76

Re: G6 Headphone jack doesn't work properly

@Assimilator1 wrote:

Hi Swarj

Yea that aux lead in my old car was probably marginal, but like I said it worked fine in my old phone. It seems the aux socket in my G6 Play is also marginal (a tiny bit too small I think), hence the problems.

I've since sold my old car (& obviously the soldered in aux lead stayed there Smiley Wink).

My new(er) car has an aux socket, so I used the aux lead I had previously successfully tested with my phone (the aux lead is an old Creative PC one) & seems to work fine, although it is a tight fit to get it to lock into the phone.

Anyway, because it locks in properly to my phone, I'm not having to deal with the software issue. So atm I don't know if the software issue is still there (where the music would go quiet & muffled after unplugging-replugging the aux lead with the music playing). I will test it out when I next get a chance.

Regards

Mark

Swarj said:

Hi Assimilator1 

Apologies for the confusion, and sorry that I did not notice your previous post. 

Interesting to know and appreciate your efforts in trying to find out the root cause, which as per your previous comments sounds like a bad aux lead/jack lead on your car. We understand that its non-removable, as it did sounded a bit strange that it works fine at your home and not in the car.

However, we can certainly test in safe mode to see if that makes any difference.

Also, I would like to know-- if it is possible to test in a different car just to narrow down. If you still feel there is an issue, you can send your device so our team can diagnose the same and help you accordingly.

We thank you for patience.Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Ok an update on this, with the same good aux lead I used at home & then moved to my new car, the headphone socket in my G6 play became tempremental last month & has now totally packed up Smiley Sad. I guess the socket was dodgy from the start, with slight manufacturing tolerances on the aux leads playing their part.

I bought the phone from Argos, do I need to return it to them for repair/replacement?

Please advise.

Regards

Mark

DK89
What's DOS?
Views: 440
Message 63 of 76

Update: I was able to fix my problem by cleaning the jack using air duster, probably something just got there and prevented the full contact betweeen the headphone jack and the phone.

So, today my  3.5 mm jack stopped working. Have tried 3 different headphones  + AUX in my car, always got the same result. Tested my phone in the safe mode, it passes the Audio Connection tests (whic only recognizes the connection if I understand it correctrly but does not test headphones audio), but nevertheless no sound is played with headphones on.  Don't see any Headset tests mentioned before, what should I do?

Thanks.

Dberdaner
What's DOS?
Views: 411
Message 64 of 76

No se escucha nada, después de unas veces que conecte y desconecte empezó hacer algo de ruido estático y una vez se escucho sonido....pero sigue sin funcionar
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 378
Message 65 of 76

Hi Assimilator1,

Sorry to hear about this, this is unusual. If you have already tested with multiple Aux/Headphone with no avail. The next logical option would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair/Replacement. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Realone3242
What's DOS?
Views: 368
Message 66 of 76

Yeah same problem head phone jack don't work... With three different head phones
Gschooling
What's DOS?
Views: 322
Message 67 of 76

FIX: I had this same problem and what worked for me was remembering that on my headphones there's a volume slider, which was on mute. Once I turned the volume up on my headphones and volume up on my phone it worked.

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 241
Message 68 of 76

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi Assimilator1,

Sorry to hear about this, this is unusual. If you have already tested with multiple Aux/Headphone with no avail. The next logical option would be to have your device sent for Service/Repair/Replacement. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Ok, where to?

Gschooling

That's not the case with my phone, the aux lead is no longer being detected.

Wickedwaka
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 69 of 76

Hi! I have a Motorola g6 forge, bought online, the headphone jack don't work and I can't find the help app... Do I have to download it?

Wickedwaka
Paper Tape
Views: 166
Message 70 of 76

Hi! I have a Moto g6 forge, bought online, new about a month ago... Didn't came with earphones, I tried to use ones but it doesn't even recognize them, I read about the device help app but I can't find it... Can you help me please

Top Kudoed Authors