Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 659
Message 71 of 82

Re: G6 headphone jack not working

How do you know it hasn't recognised them?

The headphone symbol for showing headphones being plugged in, doesn't work by default! (I have no idea why btw).

Regarding my phone's socket, after realising I hadn't blown it out with compressed air, I did & a lump of fluff blew out! And of course, now it works Smiley Happy. Glad I didn;t have to return my phone for repair (not that I got an answer as to where though).

motog6player1
Paper Tape
Views: 629
Message 72 of 82

Just got a new Moto G6 Play (X61922-9) to replace a Moto G4 Plus.  Never had headphone issues with the G4 Plus but the same headphones are not detected by the G6.  Tried several headphones (both TRS and TRRS) that work on the G5 Plus.  Additionally I tried an app to switch from speaker to earphone and that worked, but only for a few moments before the headphones cut out.  This seems to be what appears to be a fairly rampant manufacturer defect with the jack.  Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement?  It's a hassle migrating all the data and apps to a new phone so before I replace it I figured I'd check with others here.

Ike5
What's DOS?
Views: 572
Message 73 of 82

Re: Earphones not working with G6 plus

Thank You so much.

I tried that plugging/unplugging to, But thanks to your Post I pushed harder and the plug seated, and the Ear phones work fine.

Again Thank you

Assimilator1
Punch Card
Views: 541
Message 74 of 82

Whose that directed to? Smiley Wink

Ike5
What's DOS?
Views: 525
Message 75 of 82

Sorry I'm new at this.

I was directing the message to you. When I read your Post about pushing the headphone Jack in harder on the phone, I did that and the headphones work fine, So thank you again.

amotawa
What's DOS?
Views: 488
Message 76 of 82

FIXED: downloaded an app called Lesser AudioSwitch from the Playstore which overrides Android's sound controls and my headphones work now. It's 100% a software problem for me.

jl25
What's DOS?
Views: 452
Message 77 of 82

I've had my Moto G6 for a few months but recently started having a problem with the headphone jack.  It doesn't happen consistently but it happens frequently now.  If I insert my headset jack I get no sound through the headset - sometimes I hear some audio from the phone itself (instead of through the headset), sometimes I hear nothing at all.  Once I remove the headset jack I can hear audio normally.  On one occasion going through this sequence I could not get the phone to use its speaker for audio.  So it seems there are a range of symptoms tied to the audio and the headphone jack.  I've tried a few headsets all have the same problem.  I would appreciate any advice on how to resolve this problem.  Thank you

motog6player1
Paper Tape
Views: 393
Message 78 of 82

Quick update to this: Turns out the suggestion to just push harder did end up fixing this for me. I underestimated quite how hard you have to shove the plug in. Also helps to test this with a TRRS (tip-ring-ring-sleeve) headphone jack as TRS won't work unless you use an app like Lesser AudioSwitch to toggle, but better to just use TRRS.
rksingh1970
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 336
Message 79 of 82

Exactly same problem here. Working with moto headphone that came in the box, but not with others. With others too it will work only and only if you insert up to two rings, and keep holding it there - leaving your job aside.

rksingh1970
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 336
Message 80 of 82

No, sir. It does not rule out. Why should your phone work with only your headphone in the box, and NOT with other headphones? Please answer that. Many people in User's Forum have complained the same. But, you are pretending not to know about it. Why do not you admit that there is a manufacturing defect?

Top Kudoed Authors