Message 1 of 12

G6 "charging slowly" with turbo charger that came with phone

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,662
Message 2 of 12

Re: G6 "charging slowly" with turbo charger that came with phone

Hi Bohunter,

Thanks for reporting, we would like to learn more. Just to narrow down—may I know from when you started noticing this? Could you help us with the Screenshot of Battery usage, we would like to take a look.

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. To do so — Locate Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

• Could you also charge your device in Safe Mode and let us know if you see improvements? Let us know how it goes?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Bohunter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,645
Message 3 of 12

Got the phone 3 weeks ago.  It started happening a week ago.  Charged in safe mode and didn't help.  Did everything you asked.  Won't let me attach sceenscree of battery usage!

Bohunter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,643
Message 4 of 12

When it's charging now, at the bottom of the screen it reads "charging slowly".  Can't get screenshot uploaded!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,621
Message 5 of 12

@Bohunter wrote:

When it's charging now, at the bottom of the screen it reads "charging slowly".  Can't get screenshot uploaded!

Hi Bohunter,

This is odd but it's possible if the source you are charging from has lower Output amp. If you have tried steps like charging in Safe Mode, having your device turned off with no progress. You might want to send your device for Service if this is really affecting. Or you can wait to see if this improves over time.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Johnk860
Paper Tape
Views: 5,487
Message 6 of 12

I have the same issue.  I've had the phone for about 8 months and it just now started reporting "charging slowly".  I plugged it into another fast charger and it reported "Charging Rapidly", so it doesn't appear to be a phone issue. The charger is Moto that came with the phone.  It says Turbo Power under the "M" logo.  Note: its plugged into the same power source that its had since I purchased it.  I've also plugged it into a rapid charge battery and get the "charging rapidly" result. Other than the charging rate, there are no other issues with the phone.  I conclude that the Moto charger failed.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,462
Message 7 of 12

@Johnk860 wrote:

I have the same issue.  I've had the phone for about 8 months and it just now started reporting "charging slowly".  I plugged it into another fast charger and it reported "Charging Rapidly", so it doesn't appear to be a phone issue. The charger is Moto that came with the phone.  It says Turbo Power under the "M" logo.  Note: its plugged into the same power source that its had since I purchased it.  I've also plugged it into a rapid charge battery and get the "charging rapidly" result. Other than the charging rate, there are no other issues with the phone.  I conclude that the Moto charger failed.

Hi Johnk860,

We thank you for reporting, it does sound like faulty charger— However, If we can try charging the device when the phone is switched off for few days and see if we can notice any progress would be great. I was personly into this situation which automatically resolved within a few days. If this did not help, having your device & charger sent to Service would be the next logical option— so they can further diagnose and assist you accordingly. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Johnk860
Paper Tape
Views: 5,442
Message 8 of 12

ahh.  No.  That request is rediculous.  The phone is fine.  the "device'" TurboCharges on another charger, one by you, one by Anker.  That pretty much eliminates the phone as an issue.  To lose my "device" and charger for an undisclosed period on such a speculative assessment is truly unacceptable.  Please reply with something that is rational like "it appears that your charger failed, Sorry 'bout that!" or "send your charger along and we'll look at it, but you'll have to buy another" or even "Glad you've found a solution" would be sensible.  But,since the phone charges "turbo" on anything else with that capability pretty much means the phone is fine and that there is no need to send my Device to you at all.  However, if you'd care to send me a replacement G6 while mine is in your hands, I might consider it.
Seriously, it would be helpful if you appeared to have made a reasonable assessment of this problem.  As it stands, there is doubt on that matter.
Best regards

John

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,375
Message 9 of 12

@Johnk860 wrote:

ahh.  No.  That request is rediculous.  The phone is fine.  the "device'" TurboCharges on another charger, one by you, one by Anker.  That pretty much eliminates the phone as an issue.  To lose my "device" and charger for an undisclosed period on such a speculative assessment is truly unacceptable.  Please reply with something that is rational like "it appears that your charger failed, Sorry 'bout that!" or "send your charger along and we'll look at it, but you'll have to buy another" or even "Glad you've found a solution" would be sensible.  But,since the phone charges "turbo" on anything else with that capability pretty much means the phone is fine and that there is no need to send my Device to you at all.  However, if you'd care to send me a replacement G6 while mine is in your hands, I might consider it.
Seriously, it would be helpful if you appeared to have made a reasonable assessment of this problem.  As it stands, there is doubt on that matter.
Best regards

John

Sorry about the confusion John, I understand you do not wish to test your device. I was just trying to help!

If you take a look I did mention 'sounds like faulty charger'  and suggested to observe your device as it had helped me. As mentioned earlier, if you do not wish to observe your device for a few days— you can certainly have your charger sent for Replacement for further assistance. We will be happy to help!

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Johnk860
Paper Tape
Views: 5,352
Message 10 of 12

THanks for your reply and explanation.  I've already written off the charger and, since I have other devices that turbocharge, my personal issue is resolved.

Top Kudoed Authors