Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VenkiMadhura
Paper Tape
Views: 272
Message 1 of 6

GPS is having issue after android 9 update

Whenever I try to lock Mobile while Navigation route is on, I get the alert voice GPS signal lost. If I keep my phone open for entire travel it is working fine. But if I lock it, looks like GPS is getting off internally because if I see in option GPS is on but when unlock my phone it is asking turn on GPS. Anybody please resolve this ASAP

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 240
Message 2 of 6

Re: GPS is having issue after android 9 update

@VenkiMadhura wrote:

Whenever I try to lock Mobile while Navigation route is on, I get the alert voice GPS signal lost. If I keep my phone open for entire travel it is working fine. But if I lock it, looks like GPS is getting off internally because if I see in option GPS is on but when unlock my phone it is asking turn on GPS. Anybody please resolve this ASAP

Hi VenkiMadhura,

Interesting! Can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
VenkiMadhura
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 3 of 6

Hi Swaraj,

Thanks for the response. I am getting the same GPS signal lost voice message if I lock my phone during the navigation even in Safe Mode also. Please propose an resolution ASAP.

Regards,

Vengat

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 183
Message 4 of 6

@VenkiMadhura wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

Thanks for the response. I am getting the same GPS signal lost voice message if I lock my phone during the navigation even in Safe Mode also. Please propose an resolution ASAP.

Regards,

Vengat

Thanks for reverting, could you confirm if you are using Google Maps or any other third party apps? Can we quickly try clearing cache/data on the respective app by going to settings > apps & notification > Storage and clear data/cache > make sure to update the device apps to the latest version and observe again. 

Keep us posted if you have any questions?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
VenkiMadhura
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 5 of 6

Hi Swaraj,

I tried above steps also. Has no result. Still getting GPS signal lost message as soon as I lock the phone.

Regards,

Vengat.

banzaikitten
Paper Tape
Views: 117
Message 6 of 6

hmm, this looks like the same problem i have posted.
Top Kudoed Authors