Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BH99
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,848
Message 1 of 11

Headphone Jack problem

Purchased a new Moto g6 play today and my 3.5mm headphones don't fit in the headphone jack, can't find the jack size online and the phone didn't come with headphones. Is the headphone jack incompatible with my 3.5 headphones or is the phone faulty?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,782
Message 2 of 11

Re: Headphone Jack problem

@BH99 wrote:

Purchased a new Moto g6 play today and my 3.5mm headphones don't fit in the headphone jack, can't find the jack size online and the phone didn't come with headphones. Is the headphone jack incompatible with my 3.5 headphones or is the phone faulty?

Hi BH99,

That's odd, we have tested with multiple headsets and never found a trouble. If you have tried with multiple headsets and still facing trouble then it could be device specific.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
MiCoCo
Paper Tape
Views: 3,723
Message 3 of 11

"That's odd, we have tested with multiple headsets and never found a trouble. If you have tried with multiple headsets and still facing trouble then it could be device specific."

I don't know whether you "have actually "tested with multiple headsets and never found a trouble" as you claim, but I can see from elsewhere on this forum that the fault has been reported many times. It is disingenious, at the very least, to pretend this is not a known model issue rather than implying it's just this users particular device.

For the record I have exactly the same fault - and that's using 3 headsets that ALL work on my older Motorola mobile phone model.

BH99
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,718
Message 4 of 11

I only own the one set of headphones and do not wish to waste money to have to try multiple headsets in order to gauge if it is a device specific problem. Especially after reading several complaint forums reporting the same issue, i came to the conclusion that it was unlikely that it is device specific and I don't want to pay for new headphones only too find out I cannot use them. To prevent this I have bought Bluetooth headphones however I wish I had known about this fault earlier as it is likely I wouldn't have purchased the phone.

Realone3242
What's DOS?
Views: 3,568
Message 5 of 11

Same problem...
OneTonTom
What's DOS?
Views: 2,007
Message 6 of 11

My girlfriend just came to me with this same "problem" on her Moto G6 play. "This phone must use different sized headphones than others!" she exclaimed. 

I think, "hmm never heard of that, seems unlikely." I go to plug the headphones in and they do stop short of being fully inserted. "See!" she thinks she has me stumped. So then I go ahead and just push the headphones in with slight force. It works!

So the answer is, just push it in.

Jbotto1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,971
Message 7 of 11

Upon receiving my phone I inspeted the phone jack as I had the same problem.  Based on my inspection it looks like a part is missing.

I would expect an insert that would allow us the ability to use the correct jack.  I believe this to be true as my phone also has an oval space that would be used to hold the insert.

How can we get this insert?

OneTonTom
What's DOS?
Views: 1,966
Message 8 of 11

No there's no insert. Just plug it in.

markcavus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,922
Message 9 of 11

My wife, my boss, my phone and the TWO warranty phones Motorola sent me all have the same issue. If you plug in a wired headset with microphone there is no sound. A standard stereo headset works. I have tried another headset and neither work in the G6 but they both work in my G5. I was told that they could only replace it with another G6. Every time I call I am assured that the replacement phones are tested. Neither worked properly. I requested a different model to avoid yet another defective phone and was told that no other model can be provided. I will send for my third replacement. I fully expect it to have the same issue. Can you help me resolve this?

Thanks

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

@BH99 wrote:

Hi BH99,

That's odd, we have tested with multiple headsets and never found a trouble. If you have tried with multiple headsets and still facing trouble then it could be device specific.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

markcavus
What's DOS?
Views: 1,921
Message 10 of 11

Mine too. This is disappointing to say the least.
I have a feeling it is a design flaw that plagues all G6s.
Top Kudoed Authors