cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techbabe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,028
Message 1 of 11

How Do I Get Google Weather Widget with Frog On My Home Screen?

I have a Moto G6 (Should I be on the Moto site?)and I'm unable to get the Gogle Weather Widget to appear on my home screen. I can access the app no problem, I tap the three bars in the left hand corner of the app to get the settings info, and there is the widget clearly stating "Add to home screen" however when I t ap to add to home screen it dissapears. It does not appear on the home screen. Very frustrating. Please help. THanks a lot :-)

daffyducknj
SCSI Port
Views: 1,004
Message 2 of 11

Re: How Do I Get Google Weather Widget with Frog On My Home Screen?

Google the word weather. The weather graphic should appear. Click on the three dots near the upper left corner. When the dialogue box appears, click the option to add the home shortcut to your desktop.

SXRXNRR
What's DOS?
Views: 753
Message 3 of 11

Well I must say that was a rather disappointing and useless answer?  I thought it pretty clearly stated in the question that they had done exactly what you suggested as a solution and it did not work.

I am pretty familiar with this problem because it has been annoying the hell out of me since I purchased the phone I am currently using, also a Moto G6.

Yeah it's easy I have done it on a dozen or more previous Android phones I have had along with dozens of friends phones. Go to Google search bar or ok Google and put in "weather".  Google weather box pops up as first in search results, tap the box then it will go full-size with three dots in upper right corner. Tap the three dots and one of only 2 options available is to add a shortcut to your home screen. After selecting the shortcut on home option you have a handy little Google weather icon on your homescreen that takes you directly to the weather app with the little frog hanging out, UNLESS your using a Moto G6!?!?!?

Yep, go through the steps select the shortcut on home screen option and what does that get you? Not a single thing no shortcut, no icon, no error or any other kind of explanation.  I have done it over 15 separate times since I got the G6 thinking it would actually function as it should at some point. 

Still to this day after months of the same it does not work at all but it seems like this is an issue experienced only by Moto G6 users. What's the deal with that? I'm assuming this is some kind of bug or flaw in the Motorola software, so is it ever going to be fixed or resolved?

Techbabe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 477
Message 4 of 11

After this much time has passed I doubt this issue will be fixed. I'm still experiencing the problem. So guess we just have to do without our fav weather app. Very sadSmiley Sad

Techbabe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 470
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for responding but that does not work.
Jleeblanch
Serial Port
Views: 442
Message 6 of 11

Strange adding the widget doesn't work for you. Seems to work for me just fine. I can drag and add it manually or choose "Add automatically" and both give me a 1x1 widget to instantly access Google Weather. 

Also, if you didn't already know, you can add the Google "At a glance" widget and get the same weather info. In fact it's kind of better (assuming you don't mind the 5x1 widget on your screen) as it shows the current weather and tapping the weather brings you to the same weather information the 1x1 widget does. 

Techbabe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 351
Message 7 of 11

Thank you for your response but telling me how you access the weather app on your phone doesn't help me to access it on my phone. What would be helpful to me is if you could give me a step by step format on how I could get the Google weather app with frog widget on my phone. I have a Moto G6. Thank you.

Jleeblanch
Serial Port
Views: 340
Message 8 of 11

@Techbabe wrote:

Thank you for your response but telling me how you access the weather app on your phone doesn't help me to access it on my phone. What would be helpful to me is if you could give me a step by step format on how I could get the Google weather app with frog widget on my phone. I have a Moto G6. Thank you.

Ok, point is there shouldn't be any reason why it doesn't work for you. 

So let's start with this, what launcher are you using? What wigdet with a frog? The only weather "widget" I see is the 1x1 with a Sun and cloud's 🤔. The only other option is the "At a glance" 5x1 widget directly accessable from the launcher widgets. 

Always try to provide as much information as possible when reporting an issue, there many different G6 variants all running mostly similar software versions but all have their own issues, for a lack of better wording. 

Techbabe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 317
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for your response. I'm using Smart Launcher 3 Pro. I know the issue is not the launcher because I was able to add the widget to my home screen using my Samsung Galaxy Note. 

Attached please find a  screenshot of the Google Weather app with frog that I'm trying to add to my home screen. Hopefully this information will isolate the issue and allow you to provide a solution. Thanks for your assistance.

Techbabe
Fanfold Paper
Views: 316
Message 10 of 11

Oops... I firgof to mention the 1x1 widget with sun and clouds with the "G" is the widget I'm trying to download. Thanks.

Top Kudoed Authors