Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Homeromoto
Blue Screen Again
Views: 9,699
Message 1 of 7

How to connect Moto G6 Plus on a smart tv

My Moto G6 plus can't find my smart TV for share videos, pictures , etc.

I don't know what to do.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,547
Message 2 of 7

Re: How to connect Moto G6 Plus on a smart tv

@Homeromoto wrote:

My Moto G6 plus can't find my smart TV for share videos, pictures , etc.

I don't know what to do.

Hello Homeromoto,

Sorry to learn about that, may I know how are you trying to connect your device? The only way to connect your device is via 'Chromecast' you can find more information here. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Wysiwyg700
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,883
Message 3 of 7

This is awful honeslty if Id have realised this before buying the phone I wouldn't have.  You have lost a future customer.  Both my previous Samsung phones Note 2 and Note 4 cast to my smart TV seamlessly for showing photos even games this is rubbish.  Last time I buy a Motorolla / Lenovo.  Why should I buy a third device (Chromecast) when my TV supports casting and other devices do it no problem (even a 6 year old phone)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 6,868
Message 4 of 7

@Wysiwyg700 wrote:

This is awful honeslty if Id have realised this before buying the phone I wouldn't have.  You have lost a future customer.  Both my previous Samsung phones Note 2 and Note 4 cast to my smart TV seamlessly for showing photos even games this is rubbish.  Last time I buy a Motorolla / Lenovo.  Why should I buy a third device (Chromecast) when my TV supports casting and other devices do it no problem (even a 6 year old phone)

Hi Wysiwyg700,

We thank you for your feedback, and we have shared the same with our product team. 

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

namenotallowed
Paper Tape
Views: 5,931
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a moto g6. I wonder if it would be possible to connect it straight to the tv set by using an HDMI cable. As far as I know, there are usb-c to hdmi adapters available.

Best regards

Sebastián

Wysiwyg700
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,920
Message 6 of 7

I don't know about a direct link with a lead. I sent my G6 back to Amazon had other issues with signal dropping.  For an extra £100 I got the Honor View 10 which is amazing, miracast, ir blaster 6gm ram. Just brilliant in comparison. G6 is just a bit meh. 

L_Ecossais
What's DOS?
Views: 5,019
Message 7 of 7

Can I add my disappointment over the inability to Cast to Smart TV's to that of Wysiwyg700! It would appear that the model of G6 Play being sold in the UK by Amazon is deficient in comparison to the model being supplied in the US by AT&T and Verizon. Both of these companies have online advice on how to Cast to a Smart TV.

The advice from Verizon is here - https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-217976/ and the similar artice from AT&T is here- https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1306672?make=Motorola&mod....

I do note that the sub-model for the US is different since it is XT1922-9, whereas the Amazon/UK one is XT1922-3. Does this mean that the HW is unable to "Cast" or is it only the implementation in Android Oreo? Is there any hope that the capability can be introduced in the upcoming Android Pie which you have committed to?

Finally may I register my total diagreement with the earlier statement from one of your moderators that "Chromecast is the default method of "Cast-ing" in Android. It most certainly is not!

The default method is as described in the two knowledgebase articles from Verizon and AT&T, not by relying on a third device of a Chromecast and the use of Google Home which uses Wi-Fi networking rather than the Wi-Fi Direct protocol used by Cast aka Miracast.

Top Kudoed Authors