cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jefe_de_estado
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,227
Message 1 of 12

How to increase vibration intensity on Moto G6?

Just upgraded from a G4 to a G6.  The phone is sitting on the desk, not 6in away from my hands.  I've already missed 2 calls as I couldn't hear or feel the phone vibrating.  The G4 would vibrate enough that I could hear it from a few cubes away.  Any way to turn it up?  Did I get a bad phone with a weak vibrate motor?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,160
Message 2 of 12

Re: How to increase vibration intensity on Moto G6?

Hi jefe_de_estado,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid there is no native way to turn the vibration more intense. However, you may check the Play Store for some apps that may be able to do this.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

jefe_de_estado
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,157
Message 3 of 12

Is the vibrate power much lower than previous G phones, or did I get a phone that may be defective?  How can I verify that this is the norm?

Anyone know of any apps?

red0
What's DOS?
Views: 2,470
Message 4 of 12

Hello,

I am having the same issue. This is a critical malfunction. I cannot simply substitute ringer volume for weak vibration either. It is disappointing that instead of owning Motorola's error and correcting the issue that you suggest downloading dangerous 3rd party software. At best this is extremely irresponsible.

Please speak with your team about releasing an update for this issue. It is a basic phone function in the 21st century to be able to adjust vibration pattern and intensity. It's like telling us to download an app to adjust the ringtone. How is this not a native function? Poor design. Most people these days, especially young people, keep their phones on vibrate for many reasons. You'd be wise to recognize your market.

I can't even feel my phone ringing from my POCKET. 

This is unprofessional.

Let us know when you decide to take responsibility.

Thank you!

jefe_de_estado
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,462
Message 5 of 12

I would really like to hear from more phone users... Do me and red0 have the only phones with weak vibrate?  Is this common for this phone?  Does the vibrate on your phones seem to be more like every other phone on the market?  For example, just yesterday my phoone was sitting on my desk 4in away from my hands, I could not feel the vibration through the desk, and could barely hear the vibration at all.  The only way I knew I was getting calls was from the display showing incoming calls.  I really can't use a ringer in the office as that would be intrusive to my coworkers.  I need to know if this is an uncommon issue and if I should be getting my phone replaced.

TheLama
What's DOS?
Views: 1,398
Message 6 of 12

Yes, this is a serious lacking on the G6, major miss by Motorola. I've tried a few apps and none of them really cut it, they just change the pattern and I continue missing calls. It seems the motor is weak.

Highlighted
Alano06
What's DOS?
Views: 1,222
Message 7 of 12

I did exactly the same, upgraded from G4 Plus to a G6 and the vibration is really werk.

All other phones I have ever had let a table vibrate and or moving them selfe. The G6 makes a silent "sum-sum" and at the pocket of the Jeans I feel nothing.

I think it is a bad construction and the vibrator is not powerfull enough or the power is reduced by the soft to save energy.
If this is the case and there is no solution in the near future I'll have to send it back. The vibration is a major funktion of signalisation of a phone and has to work.

EugenSk
What's DOS?
Views: 939
Message 8 of 12

I have the same problem with weak vibration. I can't feel phone ringing incoming calls, SMS or any apps. it's awful ! How increase vibration ?????

Midnite29
What's DOS?
Views: 495
Message 9 of 12

Did you happen to find a solution for this problem? 

Midnite29
What's DOS?
Views: 494
Message 10 of 12

I'm having the same problem. Did you happen to find a solution?

Top Kudoed Authors