cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAG6
Punch Card
Views: 454
Message 1 of 6

Is there a way to request a soak test manually?

I would like an opportunity to test the Android Pie update for the Moto g6 and I am already registered for the MFN. Is there any way I can request that the OTA update be sent to my particular phone? (It's a Motorola G6 code name Ali) and it's through straight talk.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 452
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is there a way to request a soak test manually?

If there was, everyone interested in soak tests would do it!     :-)

They send out a questionnaire before the test starts to make sure that everyone qualifies.  Sometimes, they look for specific things.  The tests are different regionally (because the builds are, I guess), and unless they're looking for a huge, huge audience, not everyone who signs up will get picked.

If you do get picked, make sure you fill out the questionnaire accurately and completely.  A typo can eliminate you, not because of spell check, but because your answer wouldn't match what they're looking for...like your IMEI, etc.

Sorry...but not all is lost.  You could still get picked!!  Think positive!!!!

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 398
Message 3 of 6

@crystallet wrote:

If there was, everyone interested in soak tests would do it!     :-)

They send out a questionnaire before the test starts to make sure that everyone qualifies.  Sometimes, they look for specific things.  The tests are different regionally (because the builds are, I guess), and unless they're looking for a huge, huge audience, not everyone who signs up will get picked.

If you do get picked, make sure you fill out the questionnaire accurately and completely.  A typo can eliminate you, not because of spell check, but because your answer wouldn't match what they're looking for...like your IMEI, etc.

Sorry...but not all is lost.  You could still get picked!!  Think positive!!!!

How did he add his phone to my stuff and I can't... 

SrCharmander
Token Ring
Views: 75
Message 4 of 6

What is the meaning of Ali?
Sr. Charmander el Presidente
SrCharmander
Token Ring
Views: 75
Message 5 of 6

Hi before I couldn't add my phone to my stuff but in the support chat my problem has been solved. 

PD: I have to wait 2-3 weeks because they have to talk with the Online Support.....

Sr. Charmander el Presidente
Barons40
802.11n
Views: 58
Message 6 of 6

Soak tests have finished and Brazil has pie now...and other countries with follow shortly
Top Kudoed Authors