Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alpetrus
Punch Card
Views: 7,633
Message 1 of 27

Limit +3dB in Dolby Audio equalizer

After connecting the headphones, it is not possible to increase the equalizer settings above + 3dB. Some of my headphones needs tunes the treble, but the limitation to + 3dB makes it impossible to do this.
Is it possible to delete the equalizer limit when the headphones are connected (jack or bluetooth)?

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 7,496
Message 2 of 27

Re: Limit +3dB in Dolby Audio equalizer

@Alpetrus wrote:

After connecting the headphones, it is not possible to increase the equalizer settings above + 3dB. Some of my headphones needs tunes the treble, but the limitation to + 3dB makes it impossible to do this.
Is it possible to delete the equalizer limit when the headphones are connected (jack or bluetooth)?

Unfortunately, this is not possible. I have been looking for a solution for a couple of months. Nobody knows how to deal with this even after the root installation. The topic was even on the XDA forum.

Alpetrus
Punch Card
Views: 7,486
Message 3 of 27

Unfortunately, this is not possible. I have been looking for a solution for a couple of months. Nobody knows how to deal with this even after the root installation. The topic was even on the XDA forum.

I realize that the limit is placed in the system files and without root nothing can be done. However, I wonder if it is possible to remove this restriction in future system updates.
I do not really understand the idea of such a limitation. A warning about the damage (hearing or headphones) could be left, but a full change of the equalizer settings for the headphones should be available.

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,426
Message 4 of 27

I use Blackplayer ex and Google music, but I deactivate The dolby app. Otherwise it. Ha ges The EQ in The diffrent apps to the Dolby Audio app. And then I use Blackplayer's own EQ, and its amazing it works. Thats wy I dont u detstand this pro lem, remove the limit that does others things in apps to!! But The movie mode is good. 😖

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,321
Message 5 of 27

@Alpetrus wrote:

Hi Alpetrus,

Thank you for reporting to us, please be informed that this is working as designed but we will pass the feedback along.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,319
Message 6 of 27

It also changes the EQ in for example Google Music to the Dolby one, only way to undo this is to deactivate the Dolby app. But it dosen't change the EQ in Blackplayer that I use. 

kL1m4X
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,251
Message 7 of 27

I keep the max bass in dolby settings. And also the black player one too. Keep both switched on. Atleast youll get better bass now. But need the dolby equalizer to be unlocked beyond 3 dB

PierreSweden
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,248
Message 8 of 27

Lets hope there will be a fix for it in a coming update, or that someone manage to remove it. I've posten on XDA forum as well, if someone solves it i'll post here to. Best reegards Pierre Gothenburg Sweden 

kL1m4X
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,103
Message 9 of 27

It has been momths now and still this issue hasn't been resolved. Please provide an update immediately to resolve this matter please otherwise listening to music via headphones is awful 

LAB_
Paper Tape
Views: 6,804
Message 10 of 27

Good afternoon everyone, I also can not understand this limitation! I have another device of another Brand, apparently I will have to choose to stay with the other Brand, so that I can have a great audio experience. I tested several media players, the only one that really got a "little" improvement, was the "EQUALIZER MUSIC PLAYER", downloading it in Playstore. But that does not solve, in streaming media. Really, a shame that the company has chosen to limit the end user experience in full 2018. Big hug!

Top Kudoed Authors