Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
letitbe
Punch Card
Views: 167
Message 1 of 3

Location icon, no more in the notification bar?

Moto G6 Play updated to Android 9 and never had this issue before with any phone.

The "location" icon was always in the notification upper bar where you can enable or disable network and other stuff, but it's no more there.

Now if I need to use Google Map and I need to activate Location, I need to dig in the settings?

In the notification bar there is no option to delete or to add icons so can anyone here please tell me why these big brains left the location icon out?

Really I'm struggling with this phone just to have basic settings!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 115
Message 2 of 3

Re: Location icon, no more in the notification bar?

Hi letitbe,

Appreciate your post. There should be an option for you to add the location on the quick panel settings -- Swipe down the notification bar all the way down > Tap the pencil icon > Hold and drag the location icon to the tiles.

2019-09-09.jpg

Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

letitbe
Punch Card
Views: 103
Message 3 of 3

Re: Location icon, no more in the notification bar?

Hi Rich,

thanks for support.

I found it out about the icon last night.

That icon looks misleading because it made me think its purpose is to edit the name of the menu not for editing the menu's content so I didn't touch it.

You see the icon next to it, it's a world recognised icon used on computers, browsers and mobiles to edit settings so I wonder why these tech guys didn't use it for the right purpose?

And I'm still waiting Motorola's replay regarding the low call volume issue that many people like me are experiencing.

In another post in these forums a moderator gave instructions asking people to upload the IMEI somewhere, I did it directly to Motorola but it seems their replay will take forewer or I won't get it at all because that is a "hardware" failure!

Not good, not good at all. Motorola was good before it died then a new remake with unsolved mistakes.

I saw this happening to Nokia, before it died my complaints went in the cloud so I stopped buying Nokia forever.

Will Motorola be on the same list?

Top Kudoed Authors