Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 265
Message 31 of 53

Re: MOTO G6 Data roaming

Hi vbl,

Sorry about the delay, unfortunately, we haven't received the update yet. Let me escalate this again and will keep you posted here as soon as possible. 

Appreciate your patience in this regards.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto support

vbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 32 of 53

Hello Swaraj,

2 months now. Is a solution expected or will i stay with my problem? Could i get at least the software version of July 2018 back?

Regards,

vbl

DOjha
Paper Tape
Views: 199
Message 33 of 53

Hello,

I had the exact same problem. I bought the Moto G6 recently in France and while traveling to Belgium the phone would not let me use my mobile data on roaming. This has caused me a huge problem! I tried a lot of things, but this is so disappointing and made me really regret buying this phone. Please tell me if there is any solution otherwise I would like to return this phone if possible!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 186
Message 34 of 53

Hi vbl DOjha,

Sorry about the delay, we are still looking forward to an update from our product team. Meanwhile, If the issue is really affecting your daily use of your device—request you to submit your device for service/exchange/replacement. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

PaysB
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 35 of 53

I have the exact same problem with my Moto G6 and a French SIM card. I went to Germany and Italy during the past 2 weeks and I had no data connection at all while roaming. Connection broken or suspended and the exclamation mark. I checked all the settings and followed all the recommendations I found on this forum and on the Internet, but nothing helped. I ended up using an old Huawei phone of my son that I set up as a WiFi hotspot for my Moto G6 to have access to data. This also excluded the option that the problem was SIM card related, because my SIM card and data roaming was working perfectly in the Huawei phone.

My wife has the same G6 phone and she has the same problem with data roaming abroad. So this is realy a Moto G6 problem!!

I remember that I had a similar problem with the same G6 phone when I was in Spain a few months ago and roaming again. Sometimes the data roaming just dropped (connection suspended) and I had the exclamation mark in the upper bar. At that time the connection came back when I made a short phone call to my voicemail or another phone number. The call only had to last for a few seconds to re-establish the data connection. I found this very weird.

But now this workaround is not working anymore. I find this very very annoying. I am abroad very often, and I do not want to become an expert in finding open WiFi hotspots in every European city. I need a quick solution for this!!

vbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 141
Message 36 of 53

Hi Swaraj,

i contacted the email adress you gave me by private message 2 weeks ago. No answer!

What can i do?

Regards,

vbl

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi vbl DOjha,

Sorry about the delay, we are still looking forward to an update from our product team. Meanwhile, If the issue is really affecting your daily use of your device—request you to submit your device for service/exchange/replacement. 

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 106
Message 37 of 53

@vbl wrote:

Hi Swaraj,

i contacted the email adress you gave me by private message 2 weeks ago. No answer!

What can i do?

Regards,

vbl

@Agent_Swaraj wrote:

Hi vbl DOjha,

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Unfortunately, we do not see any email with the email address updated on your profile? Share us your email Id- let me take a look.

-Swaraj

cotobro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 75
Message 38 of 53

Same problem for me,roaming in Spain with a g6 bought in France  with a bouygues sim card.

No solution ? 3 months later !

Andreu1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 65
Message 39 of 53

Hello, 

Well, it is clear that Motorola doesn't care about this problem at all !!

I'm guessing that it is not happening to everybody.... but for those that are impacted it is very annoying!

So I suggest that we dig a little bit by ourselves and try to figure out some common denominator that might explain the problem.

I'm tired of not having internet when I go abroad.

Let's try to start gathering the phone companies and the countries where it didnt work

Mine:

Moto G6 country : France (where I bought it)

Phone Company: Bouygues Telecom (France)

Roaming country: Spain / Movistar

Cheers

Highlighted
vbl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 55
Message 40 of 53

Hi, see in blue below. Cheers, vbl

@Andreu1 wrote:

Hello, 

Well, it is clear that Motorola doesn't care about this problem at all !!

I'm guessing that it is not happening to everybody.... but for those that are impacted it is very annoying!

So I suggest that we dig a little bit by ourselves and try to figure out some common denominator that might explain the problem.

I'm tired of not having internet when I go abroad.

Let's try to start gathering the phone companies and the countries where it didnt work

Mine:

Moto G6 country : France (where I bought it) Germany

Phone Company: Bouygues Telecom (France) same

Roaming country: Spain /Movistar

, Germany/ Telekom

Cheers

Top Kudoed Authors