Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,247
Message 11 of 63

Re: MOTO G6 NO SERVICE

@RokuK wrote:

I am having the same problem. I've had my Moto 6 for a couple of weeks, it worked fine, and now no service. My phone claims it is up to date. From my phone:

Android version: 8.0.0

Current version:[Removed]

Security patch level: [Removed]

Restarted the phone, checked that airplane mode is off. Still no service. Frustrating!

Edited for privacy.

Hello RokuK,

Sory to learn about the ongoing trouble, we would like to know if you are still facing the same issue? We would like to know the following:

• Does the Network service come back?
  • Have you tested with a new different sim card?
  • Have you contacted the carrier's about the same? If yes, what did they say?
  • Meanwhile, Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,244
Message 12 of 63

@Omar78 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem as described here. After the battery was low and the phone turned off I've had no service anymore.

I tried safe mode, turning on/off airplane mode, soft reset, tried other sim cards, checked for updates but there seem to be none. 

How shall I proceed?

Hello Omar78,

Thank you for reporting, we have shared your feedback with our product team for further investigation. We might need logs, will keep you posted on this. Meanwhile, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Deb_09
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,139
Message 13 of 63

Hi I just got my moto g6, and as soon as i put my sim cards there were no signal. Kidly help. I have updated my profile.

I tried, restarting, factory reset, safe mode, updating to the latest software, airplane mode etc etc. Nothing is working

Deb_09
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,142
Message 14 of 63

MOTO G6 NO SERVICE

I just got my new Moto G6, after recieving, as soon as i put my sim, there was no signal.

I tried updating to the latest software, safe mode, airplane mode, restarting, factory reset, soft reset, etc etc nothing seems to work. Kindly help. I have been a big fan of moto for a long time.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,130
Message 15 of 63

Who is your carrier? Does phone say no service? Where was phone purchased? What country are you using it in?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Deb_09
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,109
Message 16 of 63

The carrier is Vodafone, The phone says no service, I purchased the phone from Amazon.in. I am from India. I have attached a screen shot.I have removed the imei and phone number for security

itooScreenshot_20180824-205718.png

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 2,094
Message 17 of 63

Deb_09
We are reviewing your device performance data to better understand the issue . Currently we don't have enough data to tell since only used 1 day. Please leave SIM Card inserted and device connected to WiFi for 1 more day (and also make sure "Motorola Privacy" settings on the device are enabled). I will review again tomorrow

In meantime, can you check to see if there is a System Update (settings/system/system updates) available for your device (I think there should be). You can take it over wifi and see if this resolves.
Deb_09
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,090
Message 18 of 63

Thank You. I have already updated to the latest security patch of May 1 2018.Screenshot attached

Screenshot_20180824-222921.png

Motorola Employee
Motorola Employee
Views: 2,084
Message 19 of 63

Do you have any other SIM Card to try in the Moto G6 device? Does that Vodafone SIM work in your old device (what model is your old phone?)?
What type of signal did you get with your old device 2G/ 3G/ 4G?
Deb_09
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,057
Message 20 of 63

I have tried Airtel sim also in the Moto g6, it did not work. The vodafone sim works in all other phone. I have inserted the Vodafone sim on my Lonovo zuk2, and also it was working on my previous phone moto x pure(Which i got exchanged for the new moto g6).
I even tried with airtel sim on the moto g6, on different slots, vodafone sim on different slots, and as well as both the sims. Nothing works.

All the devices received 4G connection. So i even tried to keep the connection type as 2G/3G fro moto G6, thinking the network bands might not be supported for this device. Even that did not work 

Top Kudoed Authors