Message 51 of 63

Re: MOTO G6 NO SERVICE

same
Mhowle
What's DOS?
Views: 602
Message 52 of 63

Same problem.  Moto G6 purchased in June 2018.  Failed in November 2018.  No service.  SIM worked perfectly fine in my old Moto X Pure that I was replacing because the battery wouldn't charge.  Factory reset did nothing.  Sent the phone in for repair and was sent a refurbished phone on Nov. 27, 2018.  It is now Dec. 15, 2018 and the refurbished phone has failed with the exact same problem.  No service. Had service when I was on lunch break at work.  6hrs later when I took the phone out of my locker to go home,  no service. Again the SIM works perfectly fine in the old Moto X Pure.  2 phones fail in less than 6 months.  

RNjuguna
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 53 of 63

I have this problem as well. I have had my G6 Plus for less than a month and I only reccenly started using it as I had it shipped from the US bought from Amazon. I have tried Airplane mode, switchin on and off, Factory reset but the nework only resumes a little whle and when the phone goes on standby mode the network bars go blank or show H with a little "x" at the corner. I have already updated my profile with the phones IMEI kindly assist

Software Channel: retla

Android Version: 8.0.0

Security oatch: Nov 1, 2018

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 508
Message 54 of 63

@Mhowle wrote:

Same problem.  Moto G6 purchased in June 2018.  Failed in November 2018.  No service.  SIM worked perfectly fine in my old Moto X Pure that I was replacing because the battery wouldn't charge.  Factory reset did nothing.  Sent the phone in for repair and was sent a refurbished phone on Nov. 27, 2018.  It is now Dec. 15, 2018 and the refurbished phone has failed with the exact same problem.  No service. Had service when I was on lunch break at work.  6hrs later when I took the phone out of my locker to go home,  no service. Again the SIM works perfectly fine in the old Moto X Pure.  2 phones fail in less than 6 months.  

Hi Mhowle,

Thank you for reporting to us, we are sorry about the inconvenience this may have caused. We have sent you a Personal Message, please check and revert us back.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Ruash
Blue Screen Again
Views: 479
Message 55 of 63

Same problem for me. The phone is 1 month old and was fine at first. Starting 2 days ago, I now get No service most of the time. System up to date. Restart doesn't help. Tried 2 different SIMs with the same result. Both SIMs work in my Huawei. Phoning *#100# gives either no service error or invalid MMI code.

gbrasil
Paper Tape
Views: 440
Message 56 of 63

Hi, 

I am EXTREMELLY upset with this phone! It's been a nightmare. I bought my phone and a MONTH later it stopped having service. I've done everything: restarted, restored, removed the sim card, contacted the MOTO DOESN'T CARE and nothing solves the problem. 

Many people here are having the same issue and honestly, MOTO DOES NOT CARE.

It pisses me off to lose money. Last year, my MOTO G6 notified me about an update. I installed it and then it magically started working again (December 15) until today!!! The batery died and so the phone reception with it. I again have an useless phone. 

So, please MOTO, give us a new update if that's the only way you guys can get this phone to work. 

Un_reliableMoto
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 57 of 63

Screenshot_20190104-225400.png

Does anyone have an idea whats going on with this? After being out of service for a day while camping I went back into an area that had service and restarted the phone since it was having trouble finding a signal. Now the signal bar is completely gone and my cell service and mobile data with it (strangely enough GPS also doesnt appear to work, even with downloaded maps). The same exact thing happened to my girlfriends phone a day later.

I have attempted a hard reset as well as using a brand new sim card. I just passed the 90 day return period for this phone and now am extremely concerned that I'm left with a $250 paperweight.

MottoFrustrated
What's DOS?
Views: 349
Message 58 of 63

Same problem here. Sim card works (tested in other devices). Everything else tried, including Factory reset, still have ZERO bars.

Rahul16081
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 59 of 63

This is a scam by Motorola. I also faced similar problem of no service in my Moto phone just out of 1 year warranty period. I can see so many similar reporting by other buyers and each time Motorola representative is surprised and finds it strange. I say this is a bug with Motorola phone and they should refund our money. Guys, if you want to connect, we all can file a case in consumer forum and then court. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 154
Message 60 of 63

@Rahul16081 wrote:

This is a scam by Motorola. I also faced similar problem of no service in my Moto phone just out of 1 year warranty period. I can see so many similar reporting by other buyers and each time Motorola representative is surprised and finds it strange. I say this is a bug with Motorola phone and they should refund our money. Guys, if you want to connect, we all can file a case in consumer forum and then court. 

Hi Rahul16081,

Thank you for writing to us, we would like to help. Sorry about the trouble you have been facing. Could you please confirm if you are still having the issues, we might need additional information to further investigate in regards to the same.

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors