cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mr-Stef
Paper Tape
Views: 15,846
Message 1 of 21

MOTO G6 PLUS how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

my phone is set only on ring tone. no alarm or notification sound. if I remove it from standby,
it gives an annoying noise that persists. furthermore I do not see any new notifications, etc., in the screen.
after a bit of searching between the sounds on my phone, I came to MOTO

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 15,790
Message 2 of 21

Re: MOTO G6 PLUS how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

@Mr-Stef wrote:
how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

my phone is set only on ring tone. no alarm or notification sound. if I remove it from standby,
it gives an annoying noise that persists. furthermore I do not see any new notifications, etc., in the screen.
after a bit of searching between the sounds on my phone, I came to MOTO

You need to try to determine what app is making the sound - that is the only way. What kind of sound is it? more information may help someone identify it. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Mr-Stef
Paper Tape
Views: 15,774
Message 3 of 21

Re: MOTO G6 PLUS how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

I had already done that. and I think it's strong that all apps give the same notification sounds .. the notification sound i heard is standard on the phone and called moto

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 15,768
Message 4 of 21

@Mr-Stef wrote:

I had already done that. and I think it's strong that all apps give the same notification sounds .. the notification sound i heard is standard on the phone and called moto

Hi Mr-Stef,

This is strange, can you test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Let us know if this makes any difference?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 15,750
Message 5 of 21

@Mr-Stef wrote:

So some app is using the default sound. You should test in safe mode as mentioned above, but you still need to figure out which app has notification sound enabled. It is possible for an app to have sound notification on, and visible notification off. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Mr-Stef
Paper Tape
Views: 15,730
Message 6 of 21

physical power key? The key on the right?

Mr-Stef
Paper Tape
Views: 15,669
Message 7 of 21

Hello,

doing this on the G6 Plus, 

(to enter Safe Mode, While the phone is powered on and at the home screen. Press and hold the power button until you see the menu to Power off or Restart. Press and hold on Power Off until the phone vibrates. It will then reboot into Safe Mode.)

This weekend extra checked all the apps for that specific sound, but nothing found.  

Problem is still there.

link to movie of the problem i have

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 15,652
Message 8 of 21

@Mr-Stef wrote:

Hello,

doing this on the G6 Plus, 

(to enter Safe Mode, While the phone is powered on and at the home screen. Press and hold the power button until you see the menu to Power off or Restart. Press and hold on Power Off until the phone vibrates. It will then reboot into Safe Mode.)

This weekend extra checked all the apps for that specific sound, but nothing found.  

Problem is still there.

link to movie of the problem i have

That sounds like the NFC sound my phone makes when it gets near another phone. 

But since you can reproduce it, can you describe under what conditions it happens? Is it near something? 

Mr-Stef
Paper Tape
Views: 15,588
Message 9 of 21

The sound comes and goes. I can not really put a finger on that. if it is on a wooden table, it does that sound for no reason. 
Now I have turned off the NFC in the settings. And so far, the sound stays away. So that was perhaps the solution.
RoarH
What's DOS?
Views: 14,696
Message 10 of 21

It is an annoying jingle/sound that comes every time you activate the screen and no other apps with sound are running

It is not a solution, but if you deactivate NFC the sound will disappear. So it is obviously a bug in the NFC app

Top Kudoed Authors