cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unwyn
What's DOS?
Views: 2,222
Message 11 of 23

Re: MOTO G6 PLUS how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

My G6 was making annoying two tone sounds at irregular intervals.   After wasting time canelling all notifivations, I found the answer to be switching off wifi when not online.

Tvh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,941
Message 12 of 23

Re: MOTO G6 PLUS how can I disable that annoying notification sound from my phone?

Hello, had the same problem with Motorola g6. Also suddenly annoying sounds (since a few days) when opening the phone or just sending something, low battery etc. Turned nfc off and problem also disappeared. Kind regards

JerryPike
What's DOS?
Views: 1,824
Message 13 of 23

I too get the annoying beeps whenever I unlock my phone, a double beep, that is repeated twice in quick succession. I have gone into every App that belongs to Moto and switched off notifications but still the beeps occur. It must be to do with Moto and not an App because it is to do with unlocking the phone. (I use the pattern swipe to unlock it.)

If I turn the Ring volume to silent then the beeps do not occur, but I want to hear my phone ringing so I need to keep that on.

Any suggestions? 

thanks

Jerry

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,777
Message 14 of 23

@JerryPike wrote:

I too get the annoying beeps whenever I unlock my phone, a double beep, that is repeated twice in quick succession. I have gone into every App that belongs to Moto and switched off notifications but still the beeps occur. It must be to do with Moto and not an App because it is to do with unlocking the phone. (I use the pattern swipe to unlock it.)

If I turn the Ring volume to silent then the beeps do not occur, but I want to hear my phone ringing so I need to keep that on.

Any suggestions? 

thanks

Jerry

Hi JerryPike,

Thank you for reporting us, this is unusual. Could you share us a screenshot of your device when you hear the notification sound? We would like to take a look.

Also, please check under Settings > search for NFC and make sure this is disabled. Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
JerryPike
What's DOS?
Views: 1,752
Message 15 of 23

Hi Swaraj
Disabling the NFC has fixed it. No more beeps. I am delighted, Thanks very much.
Jerry
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,737
Message 16 of 23

@JerryPike wrote:
Hi Swaraj
Disabling the NFC has fixed it. No more beeps. I am delighted, Thanks very much.
Jerry

Great, thanks! I am glad to be your help!

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
coreyl
What's DOS?
Views: 1,521
Message 17 of 23

oops posted in the wrong place, sorry!

Ahadm4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,468
Message 18 of 23

How do i get to the NFC?
I don't believe this moto6 has that.
Jleeblanch
Serial Port
Views: 1,445
Message 19 of 23

@Ahadm4 wrote:
How do i get to the NFC?
I don't believe this moto6 has that.

Some variants of the Moto G6 do have NFC. 

If your variant supports it, it would be located in

-> Settings -> Connected devices

You can also use the Search feature and just type NFC as well. If you get no results, your device doesn't have it. Otherwise, it'll most likely be the first option 😉

Ahadm4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,413
Message 20 of 23

My moto g6 does not have NFC. NOW WHAT?

Top Kudoed Authors