Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 2,006
Message 1 of 19

MOTO G6 not getting security updates

Hi,

my RETEU moto G6 is stuck on the old September Security Update.

No way to get any subsequent security update or even the Pie one.

Phone bought 1 month ago.

Any Hints?

Thanks

Wile E

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,891
Message 2 of 19

Re: MOTO G6 not getting security updates

HI,

more details:

• Current version OPSS27.82-87-3
  • Model XT1925-5
  • Software Channell RETEU

Any hints?

Wile E.

hrrrr
Punch Card
Views: 1,597
Message 3 of 19

Exactly the same issue here. Same phone model, security patch level, software version, and software channel. When I check for updates, I'm told that "Your device is up-to-date".

This is a brand new phone that I took out of the packaging a couple of days ago. I believe I got three updates one after another, but nothing after the third one that was the September one. Have I downloaded too many updates too quickly or something and should just wait to get more, or should I be worried?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,488
Message 4 of 19

@hrrrr wrote:

Exactly the same issue here. Same phone model, security patch level, software version, and software channel. When I check for updates, I'm told that "Your device is up-to-date".

This is a brand new phone that I took out of the packaging a couple of days ago. I believe I got three updates one after another, but nothing after the third one that was the September one. Have I downloaded too many updates too quickly or something and should just wait to get more, or should I be worried?

Hi hrrrr,

Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Let me take a look.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

hrrrr
Punch Card
Views: 1,476
Message 5 of 19

Hi, I have now added the IMEI number in my profile.

hrrrr
Punch Card
Views: 1,339
Message 6 of 19

Any ideas what could be wrong here? I even tried doing a factory data reset, but it didn't make a difference. Still no new updates after the September one. I haven't installed any apps on the phone or messed with it in any other way, so it should be in completely clean state.

hrrrr
Punch Card
Views: 1,190
Message 7 of 19

Have you been able to find any information with the IMEI? I can't really start using the phone until I know that the updates work again. I've been checking for new updates daily, but nothing has changed so far.

Highlighted
hrrrr
Punch Card
Views: 1,039
Message 8 of 19

Anyone? I would expect to get at least the January update I've seen mentioned on this forum multiple times, if not the Android 9.0 update. But the phone still claims I'm up-to-date with the September update.

Gorizza
What's DOS?
Views: 1,031
Message 9 of 19

My Moto G6 unlocked purchased on Amazon Prime is stuck on the January security update. I am ready with my IMEI if I could get some support.

Such a shame we are all having this issue

hrrrr
Punch Card
Views: 855
Message 10 of 19

@Agent_Swaraj or someone else at Motorola, it has been several weeks now since I added the IMEI in my profile. Have you been able to find out what might cause the phone to claim that the September update is the latest? Or should I just give up and accept that I'll never be able to actually start using the phone, since getting up-to-date software was the main reason why I bought it?

Top Kudoed Authors