Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GillO
Paper Tape
Views: 334
Message 1 of 8

Mobile Data Connectivity

My screen was faulty and went for warranty repair. Since its return I cannot connect to 4G data, onlly to wifi where available. Have tried various fixes but nothing seems to work.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 306
Message 2 of 8

Re: Mobile Data Connectivity

Are you sure you got back the same phone?  Did you do a factory reset on your device before shipping it off?  Is your network still properly configured?

GillO
Paper Tape
Views: 227
Message 3 of 8

It has the same IMEI number. Yes, I did a full reset before sending it away, and another on return. The phone network (EE) is fine - and I can connect to wifi, no problem. Just no data.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 184
Message 4 of 8

Hi, GillO!

This is interesting. Have you tried using your current SIM card on another device for us to further isolate this? At the same time, please try a different SIM card on the phone as well.

Regards,
May
Moto Support

GillO
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 5 of 8

Thanks, May. The sim works perfectly in my husband's phone, and his works fine in mine. Mine, however, returned to my phone, still refuses a data connection but is fine for phone signal.  Am about to try another factory reset as a last resort. Could it be a sim problem even though it's fine in another phone?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 116
Message 6 of 8

Hi GillO,

I appreciate you trying that. That can be one of the possibility, but we can still try some other troubleshooting steps before proceeding with a factory data reset. Let's try to reset your network settings. This will reset all of your network settings including Wi-Fi, Mobile data and Bluetooth. Kindly go to Settings > System > Reset options > Network settings reset > Reset settings. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,
May
Moto Support

GillO
Paper Tape
Views: 91
Message 7 of 8

Many thanks for your help. I tried all the possible things with settings, including what you suggested, then bit the bullet, saved as much as I could and did the factory reset. And, lo, it worked! I now have functioning 4G. Thanks again for the support.

Gill

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 65
Message 8 of 8

You are welcome, GillO. I am glad to hear that everything is working fine for you now. In case you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to communicate with us. Thanks!

Regards,
May
Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors