Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kishor15
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 1 of 9

Moito G6 switches to Loudspeaker automatically

I have been facing an issue with Moto G6 ever since I bought it.

Problem Description:

When I am on a normal phone call (without headphones). After a while the phone switches to Loudspeaker by itself and it literally hurt my eardrums with a sting. Also have to mention that people around me will look at me like an idot.

And the frustrating part is when I look at screen the Loudspeaker buttons is not pressed (thats means its OFF).
So I have to switch the loudspeaker ON and switch is OFF again to fix this. Everytime...

Observations:

• This happens on both Network call and Whatsapp call as well.
  • Also tried in safe mode, the problem still persists.

May be putting SPEAKER and EARPHONE in same location was not so good idea for Moto G6.

Any help would be appriciated.

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 659
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moito G6 switches to Loudspeaker automatically

Mute here:Screenshot_2018-09-24-13-17-22.jpg

Kishor15
Paper Tape
Views: 635
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply.
I will surely try this out.

But do I have to mute every time I want to talk on phone?

What if I was watching a movie and get a call in between?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 622
Message 4 of 9

@Kishor15 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
I will surely try this out.

But do I have to mute every time I want to talk on phone?

What if I was watching a movie and get a call in between?

Hi Kishor15,

Sorry to hear about your ongoing trouble with your device. We would like to learn more-- please share us IMEI, Bug Report when it occurs and the screenshot showing the call screen. This should help us investigate further. 

• Here is how you can share us the bug report regarding this. Bug report will collect information about your current device state.

Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.

Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply.

Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

Let us know if you have any questions?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

PeteGY
What's DOS?
Views: 150
Message 5 of 9

Did this ever get sorted? It's driving me mad.... Thanks

motobroken
What's DOS?
Views: 101
Message 6 of 9

Having the same problem. Any updates?  I'm ready to return the phone for this issue. It's acceptable for this to be happening.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 74
Message 7 of 9

@motobroken wrote:

Having the same problem. Any updates?  I'm ready to return the phone for this issue. It's acceptable for this to be happening.

Hi PeteGY & motobroken,

Thank you for writing to us, we would like to help. Does this only happen with the call? Could you both confirm if you have tested your device in Safe Mode to see if that makes any difference? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up " Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Reboot your device to get back to the 'Normal Mode'.

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

PeteGY
What's DOS?
Views: 70
Message 8 of 9

Hi Swaraj.
Yes, it does only happen during phone calls.
I've put it in safe mode this morning and have had a couple of calls so far without it switching to loudspeaker. However, it doesn't do it on every call, so I'll have to give it's a day or two to see if it happens again. Thanks
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 51
Message 9 of 9

@PeteGY wrote:
Hi Swaraj.
Yes, it does only happen during phone calls.
I've put it in safe mode this morning and have had a couple of calls so far without it switching to loudspeaker. However, it doesn't do it on every call, so I'll have to give it's a day or two to see if it happens again. Thanks

Thanks for testing PeteGY, please observe for a few days and keep us posted. It sounds more like the app issue to me. You can try uninstalling any recent apps you have installed on your device.

Hope this helps. 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors