Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcdonald386
Paper Tape
Views: 218
Message 1 of 5

Moto 6 Play sound

The sound on my phone is worrying me.  The phone rings when I receive a call.  It used to make a sound when I receive a text and now it does not.  It used to make a click when I touched the screen but now it does not.  I have checked all the sound settings and think they are correct.  It upgraded to Android 9 yesterday but I think the sound was funny before that.

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 202
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto 6 Play sound

Send a screenshot of the sound settings
mcdonald386
Paper Tape
Views: 161
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply.  Here are three screen shots of the settings as advised by Motorola support.  I have notice that if I slide the media control left and then right again and then tap a button I get a loud click.  After that the clicks are very quiet again.  The phone was recently upgraded from Android 8 to Android 9.  I'm wondering if that is the problem.1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 154
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried booting into safe mode and if the problem still happens it's not a third party app causing this. If all else fails try factory resetting the phone not restoring all your apps at once to see if it still could be an app problem.. Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy
mcdonald386
Paper Tape
Views: 140
Message 5 of 5

I sent the same images to Motorola support.  They accepted that there seemed to be an issue with the upgrade so I can live with this until it gets sorted,

Top Kudoed Authors