cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greguti
Paper Tape
Views: 236
Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 - 19 Gbytes for "system files" stuck in internal storage, is it normal?

Hi all!

Since the last Secutity Update (June 1st, 2019), the "internal storage" screen says 19 Gbytes out of 32 Gbytes are used by "system files". 

Seems a huge amount of data! I guess the update packages are stucked on the internal memory? How can I make some rooms in the internal storage? Do I have to hard reset and reinstall all my stuff?

Regards, 

Greg
Paris, France

Dude777
HDMI
Views: 228
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 - 19 Gbytes for "system files" stuck in internal storage, is it normal?

My may patched pie system is only 7gb.

~us retail g6~no lifeguard on duty
Dude777
HDMI
Views: 224
Message 3 of 6

Re: Moto G6 - 19 Gbytes for "system files" stuck in internal storage, is it normal?

Hard reset is a good idea.

~us retail g6~no lifeguard on duty
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 215
Message 4 of 6

@greguti wrote:

Hi all!

Since the last Secutity Update (June 1st, 2019), the "internal storage" screen says 19 Gbytes out of 32 Gbytes are used by "system files". 

Seems a huge amount of data! I guess the update packages are stucked on the internal memory? How can I make some rooms in the internal storage? Do I have to hard reset and reinstall all my stuff?

Regards, 

Greg
Paris, France

Download the free Google Files app,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files&hl=en_GB

It sounds like some temp files maynot have been removed and the app should be bale to show you what to remove.Also if have a folder called LOST.DIR open it and delete all the files in it as they are leftovers from failed installs etc.

HTH Smiley Happy

Highlighted
greguti
Paper Tape
Views: 133
Message 5 of 6

Thanks all for your answers, a hard reset fixed it,.. 

I tried Google Files and the app is quite good, I had the surprise to discover that VERY OLD pictures shared with WhatsApp were still hanging around, on the internal storage, like a hundred of JPG files! Not so much space indeed but no other app was showing these old files... 

With the June Security Update and the following Hard Reset, my Moto G6 feels like a brand new smartphone. It's quick and fast, very fluid and responsive. 

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 124
Message 6 of 6

@greguti wrote:

Thanks all for your answers, a hard reset fixed it,.. 

I tried Google Files and the app is quite good, I had the surprise to discover that VERY OLD pictures shared with WhatsApp were still hanging around, on the internal storage, like a hundred of JPG files! Not so much space indeed but no other app was showing these old files... 

With the June Security Update and the following Hard Reset, my Moto G6 feels like a brand new smartphone. It's quick and fast, very fluid and responsive. 

Glad you fixed it.You can't beat a Factory reset after an update for clearing junk out.As I keep all the stuff on my phones backed up I do a Hard Reset a couple of times a year to keep my phones slick and problem free Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors