Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michieb
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 131 of 136

Re: Moto G6 play slow charging

The Moto g6 sucks...pay the $35 restocking charge and get another phone or the battery problem will drive you crazy for as long as you own it. My phone loses battery at an alarming rate and nobody is able to tell me what is running in the background that is sucking the battery. I have a 5 year old phone that has better battery life than this one. Had I read the reviews I never would have purchased this one.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 191
Message 132 of 136

Re: Moto G6 Battery issue

@Michieb wrote:
I updated my profile on 11-7 and still have not received a reply as to what is draining my battery so fast.

Hi Michieb,

Apologies for the delay in response. In regards to your Battery issue, as per the check-in data—we are unable to see any Battery issues. It shows that your expected Battery life is good on average. However, we are unable to see any crashes that could result in Battery performance apart from the Network issue that we have noticed. It looks like a few days you had a really poor Network which might have Impacted the performance, it also shows progress now...

Also, could you share us more information, on when have you noticed the Battery drain? What are the average hours it gives and screenshots of the Battery performance for us to further look into this?

Regards,
Swaraj

Moto Support

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 187
Message 133 of 136

@sergei40 wrote:

Hi i have Moto G6 and its charging so slow same problem i am using the power adapter and original cable as well.

I have also a Huawei as well as i am an IT guy and i see the Huwei seem to charge a lot faster and its a low cost model like $160 dollars and my MOTO was over 200 or more and why would they have such an issue i always believed and trusted motorla phones but now i am not sure its crazy also my resolution is way lower than my other cheaper phone i thought they said this is one of the best budget phones but i am very dissapointed now I have an IT company i got a lot of client to get motorla but now i am not sure anymore! You have to resolve this issue soon its crazy! Holidays are comming and i dont want to be with out a phone or a phone that is way to slow and i have to wait forever.

I have to be honest at first i really like the phone its cool looking but now its getting on my nerves due to the charging problems. Best buy i got told me they have a 35 dollars restocking fee so if i return or exchange i only lose money and its not my fault at all...

Hi sergei40,

Thank you for posting, apologies for the delay in response and the Battery Slow Charging issue that you have been facing. May I know from when did you start noticing the issue 'Slow Charging'? Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 186
Message 134 of 136

@Guayacachula wrote:

Has anyone figured this out? Friend gave me a new Moto g6 and it doesn't charge anymore, it was charging but I cannot get it to now. It's frustrating. I expected more from motorola!!

Hi Guayacachula,

Thank you for reporting, sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble regarding Charging issue. Just to narrow down, have you already tried Charging with different cables/adapter to see if that makes any difference?

You can also test with 'Moto Help' app and see what it shows? If it still fails, then it might be a Battery failure for which having your device sent to Service/Repair would be the next logical step.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support 

vcardenas
Paper Tape
Views: 136
Message 135 of 136

I have aMoto G6 that I purchased at Best Buy in the summer of 2018. A few weeks ago, I had issues with bootlooping/ overheating. The problem seemed resolved at first. However, I woke up in the middle of the night last night to see that the phone had restarted itself while charging. I entered my pin and the phone refused to charge. At first, the blinking battery drain LED was on, but now I can't get it to turn on or enter recovery mode and the LED has stopped flashing.

I am dependent on this phone for work and experienced a series of bootloops while traveling to an unfamiliar area.

gust1910
Fanfold Paper
Views: 61
Message 136 of 136

So which is the real solution for fast draining problem? After Reading 12 Pages, i couldn t find a real position From Motorola about the problem.

The battery is draining too fast. Just using WhatsApp and Google Chrome. My old Moto G1 ia much better..

In 3/4 minutes 1%. Without use occurs the same

Top Kudoed Authors