Did you mean: 
Pramod_Srivatsa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,724
Message 1 of 6

Moto G6 - Battery suddenly drained...

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hello -- I recently purchased a Moto-G6 from Amazon. Today is my 4th day using it and it shut down all of a sudden. Pressing the power button for extended periods of time did not have any impact. I plugged the phone into the wall-charger and the lightning icon displayed and the phone powered up. I believe the phone charge was ~85% at time of sudden shutdown. (Please see attached screenshots.) 

The phone is working now, but I am a little concerned about it's reliability. (Kids need to reach me etc.) Any guidance is welcome. 

Thanks!
Pramod
(P.S. I updated my profile with the information per Matt's post, have set the privacy settings appropriately and I am fine with Motorola / Lenovo remotely troubleshooting my phone.) 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,651
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G6 - Battery suddenly drained...

Hi Pramod_Srivatsa,

We thank you for your feedback, have you tried calibrating your device battery, to do so--- press and hold the power button until the screen turns off. The phone will reboot then on its own. We call this a hard reset; it's equivalent to pulling the battery in days of removable batteries. Charge the phone to 100% and then leave it on the charger for a few hours. Please try this and observe for few days. Hope this helps. 

Please do not start new threads before searching for existing threads on the same topic. It causes clutter on the site and makes it harder for us to follow an issue. There is already a long discussion on this here, so please post there.
Locking this thread.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
EmilyBaker
Punch Card
Views: 3,562
Message 3 of 6

Here is some tips that could save battery life.
1. Lower Screen Brightness
2. Tighten Up Auto-Lock the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.
3. Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It
4. Limit Background Refresh for Applications
5. Restrict Unimportant Notifications
6. Don't Update Apps Automatically
7. Do not Activate Location Service
8. Use Low Power Mode

kemoti
802.11n
Views: 3,514
Message 4 of 6

My Moto G6 - moto display enabled, automatic brightness on, auto sync google enabled, most of the time wifi enabled, my phone has a screen on time (SOT) on average 10 hours, and in normal use can withstand peacefully two days. These are my results after one month of use. The first week I was always charging the phone from about 15% to 100% without interrupting the charging. Strange that you have such bad performance.

JGH1
Paper Tape
Views: 3,021
Message 5 of 6

Moto G6 won't charge/battery won't hold charge.

I got the Moto G6 about 3 months ago and was quite pleased with how the phone worked. However, about 3 days ago the battery seemed to stop working properly. For some reason it wouldn't charge to full no matter how long it was on the charger. I would wake up to it at 22% and it would drop to 4% in about an hour. After that it would stay at 4% for another 5 hours before shutting off. I have tried a few trouble shooting ideas but none have worked. I have yet to get the battery replaced, but that seems like my only option. Would like to see if anyone is able to help solve this without having to go replace my battery. Also, I am unable to get my phone to turn on so I can't upload any screenshots of my battery graph like other forums have done. If replacing the battery is the only fix, just let me know. Thanks for your help.

smartasiankid
Paper Tape
Views: 289
Message 6 of 6

Re: Moto G6 won't charge/battery won't hold charge.

You could try hard resetting. If your phone doesn't turn back on, hold down the power button and volume down button for a few seconds. This will take you to the bootloader where you can factory reset. then, use the volume rockers to get into Recovery mode. Once you press the power button where it says Recovery mode, you will see No signal or No... something like that. You hold down the power button and press volume up button once. There, you can use your volume rockers to select Wipe Data. there will be three options. Choose Wipe all data. Your phone should be working fine after the factory reset. Trust me I also had the battery drainage issue, but not this exact same case.

Top Kudoed Authors