Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pennoire
Paper Tape
Views: 4,287
Message 1 of 5

Moto G6 Camera Macro Focus

Hi,

I cannot get the Moto G6 to focus on close-up objects in either automatic or manual mode (applying the macro-focus setting).

Despite selecting the object for focus, it always ignores this and focuses on the mid-distance instead.

I am running the native Moto Camera 2 application, version 7.2.8.8.

I tried taking macro shots with the Open Camera application too with the same problem.

I used to run a Moto G3 and macro focusing was fine. There was no manual mode on my G3 but the drag-the-target-and-focus method worked perfectly.

It seems about 8-10cm from the lense is the limit for this G6 but for macro focusing that is not very close.

Can anybody offer any advice? This could be a user error and I don't understand how this version of the camera app works. I have read the instructions though!

Many thanks,

P

Highlighted
sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,238
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G6 Camera Macro Focus

Hey, please show me pic how's the pic looks like having the issue you said.

And also, please let me know approximately how far the object is from the phone.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Pennoire
Paper Tape
Views: 4,201
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Here is an example of the issue. The camera is set to manual macro focus. The object of focus is the leaf and yet my middle finger is the object which is most clear, despite being about the same distance, if not closer, from the camera lense. The camera lense is on the left side of the phone where my hand is.

IMG_20180530_171658891 - Copy.jpg

I cannot state the exact distance of the object for this particular example. I will need a second person to help me with that.

It could be that the G6 simply does not have the same minimum range as the G3 and I need to adjust my expectations? I am searching for data on the specified range of macro shots for the G6 and will post these when I get them.

Many thanks for your assistance.

P

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 4,171
Message 4 of 5

Hi Pennoire,

Thanks for bringing this up. We can confirm that the phone won't focus on objects closer than 10cm.

Regards,
Daisy
Moto-Lenovo Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums

austin112
What's DOS?
Views: 607
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for sharing the great information. I was facing the same issue. 

Please stop posting the link.

Top Kudoed Authors