Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoman31st
What's DOS?
Views: 810
Message 1 of 2

Moto G6 Can't save screenshot due to limited space

Any time to to take a screen shot I get this message even though I am only using 20.31 GB of the 32GB available of Internal Storage, and I am only using 7.4 gb of the 128 GB SD that is formated as internal, it also won't let me downlload videos, Music, or Podcasts. It has also be slow on phone updates, I have tried restarting the phone and just turning it off for a while. The next thing I am going to try is a factory reset just wanted to know if there is anything else I should try first.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 787
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G6 Can't save screenshot due to limited space

Hello yoman31st,

It looks like an SD card issue to me, try removing that and test once. Further, If your device freezes, runs out of storage inexplicably or otherwise doesn’t work as intended and you’re considering factory resetting it, you can try fixing these issues by clearing the phone’s cache partition. Clearing the cache partition can have results similar to a factory reset without losing personal data on the phone.

1. Turn the phone Off
  2. Press and hold “Volume down” and “Power” at the same time
  3. At the “Boot Mode selection” screen release the keys
  4. Press “volume down” to navigate the menu and highlight “Recovery
  5. Press “Volume Up” to select the highlighted option
  6. At the “No Command” screen, press and release “Power” and “Volume Up” simultaneously repeatedly until you gain access to Recovery
  7. Once in Recovery, press “Volume down” to navigate to and highlight “Wipe cache partition
  8. Press “Power” to confirm
  9. Once the cache is cleared, highlight “Reboot system now” and press “Power

If clearing the cache partition didn’t help, the next step would be prforming factory data reset without restoring any apps. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors