Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rockyhammock
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 1 of 8

Moto G6 Customized ringtone issue

Picked up a G6 recently and see how to customize ringtones, however I have an issue. When ever I turn the phone off and back on again, all the cutomized ringtones have gone back to the default.  Is it an issue with were the ringtones are stored by chance?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 195
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G6 Customized ringtone issue

@Rockyhammock wrote:

Picked up a G6 recently and see how to customize ringtones, however I have an issue. When ever I turn the phone off and back on again, all the cutomized ringtones have gone back to the default.  Is it an issue with were the ringtones are stored by chance?

Hi Rockyhammock,

Thanks for posting! Check the mentioned link here and see if you have followed the steps correctly. Let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 188
Message 3 of 8

@Rockyhammock wrote:

On Android phones this can be caused by duplicate entries in the Contacts list.Unfortunately some of these can be hidden in the Stock Contacts app.

There is a fix that works on a lot of phones.

Download the free Standalone better version of Google Contacts from here,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.contacts&hl=en_GB

Open the App up and allow it's permissions.Then open the app and stay in it for a short while and with luck you should see a small,"Red-Dot" suggestion option appear.This will ask you if you wish to clean up/merge the contacts list.Take this option and then restart the phone and with luck that will fix it.

To be safe even if you have your contacts backed up to Google go into the Cotacts app's settings and find the Import/Export option and make a .vcf file backup.This is a portable copy of your contacts that you can also save to another device and use ANY Contacts app's Import option to restore them.

HTH Smiley Happy

Rockyhammock
Paper Tape
Views: 175
Message 4 of 8

Well, I did connect phone to computer where I have ringtones saved. I did not find anything on phone under Internal Storage called Ringtone Folder.  My computer just shows the Moto G6 and says the folder is empty. My old Samsung model showed all types of stuff.

Rockyhammock
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 5 of 8

OK, I just realized I had to set the phone to a file transfer. I found the Ringtone file and was able to move the files over from the computer.  When I go to add a custom song, I notice several of the same song now. Should I go into the SD chip and remove the customs song from there?

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 168
Message 6 of 8

@Rockyhammock wrote:

OK, I just realized I had to set the phone to a file transfer. I found the Ringtone file and was able to move the files over from the computer.  When I go to add a custom song, I notice several of the same song now. Should I go into the SD chip and remove the customs song from there?

Dealer's choice.I like to keep my files/duplicates to a minimum knowing I have them backed up on my Laptop Smiley Happy

Also Modern phones like these can use OTG(On-The-Go) but you need to buy an OTG plug in adaptor from eBay/Amazon.They don't cost a lot and then you can plug in a USB memory stick and transfer files to it on-the-go from the phone to the Stick or even to another SD card in it's own adaptor plugged into the OTG adaptor Smiley Happy

The updated free Google Files is a good clean-up app,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.nbu.files&hl=en_GB

Happy New Merry Smiley Very Happy

Rockyhammock
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 7 of 8

Went in and deleted the Ringtone files I had put on SD card in phone. That deleted the duplicates. Set up some customized ringtones and shut phone down. When I restarted, they were still present. Thank you all for the help.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 160
Message 8 of 8

@Rockyhammock wrote:

Went in and deleted the Ringtone files I had put on SD card in phone. That deleted the duplicates. Set up some customized ringtones and shut phone down. When I restarted, they were still present. Thank you all for the help.

No problem Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors