Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianWolt
Punch Card
Views: 1,181
Message 1 of 9

Moto G6 Keeps Muting

I have begin deploying Moto G6's here at work for our shop employees and truck drivers. The third one I've deployed has a problem where all sounds just stop working yet it isn't muted at all. I checked Do Not Disturn and other settings and nothing seems to fix it. A reboot will fix it but it will come back. 

We are on Verizon and this phone is embarassingly still on the April update.

Any suggestions? Should I exchange it? It is less than a week old. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,092
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G6 Keeps Muting

Hi BrianWolt,

Sorry to learn about the ongoing trouble. Just to narrow down, could you let us know how frequent the issue is? How are you able to replicate the issue? Have you tried calling to your own device when it is set to 'Ring in loud' but not ringing?

Can we test in Safe Mode to see if this is an app issue? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up. Let us know if that makes any difference?

Also, please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

AJ57
What's DOS?
Views: 919
Message 3 of 9

I am experiencing the same problem.  My Moto G6 is muted and will not permit a correction to unmute.  Therefore, no one is able to hear me when I am on the phone.  This is a new phone that I received as a Christmas gift.  Running the phone in SAFE MODE did not work.  It was activated about 24 hours ago.  Please help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 869
Message 4 of 9

@AJ57 wrote:

I am experiencing the same problem.  My Moto G6 is muted and will not permit a correction to unmute.  Therefore, no one is able to hear me when I am on the phone.  This is a new phone that I received as a Christmas gift.  Running the phone in SAFE MODE did not work.  It was activated about 24 hours ago.  Please help.

Hi AJ57,

Thank you for writing to us, sorry to know about the ongoing issue with your device. Please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone and Carrier you are on? Is it okay if we look into your apps to determine what is causing the issue? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled. (Settings > Systems > Motorola Privacy)

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

AJ57
What's DOS?
Views: 834
Message 5 of 9

The problem seems to have "fixed itself" (i.e., the phone started back to work without any intervention).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 777
Message 6 of 9

@AJ57 wrote:

The problem seems to have "fixed itself" (i.e., the phone started back to work without any intervention).

Hi AJ57,

Great, thanks! Glad to see the progress.Smiley Happy

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Asgeir72
Paper Tape
Views: 679
Message 7 of 9

I have a similar problem with my Moto G6 Plus. It randomly goes to mute/don't disturb mode, which is really annoying! Vibrations are also turned off, which means that I miss a lot of phone calls. Considering the number of users reporting similar problems, this has to be a bug in the software. It happens both in the office and home. Using the "volume up" button on the side of the phone turns the ring sound on again, but only temporarily, and the other notification sounds are still muted (camera shutter, SMS, social media apps). The only way of getting all sounds back is a reboot, but the error happens again.

I previously owned a G5 Plus, and never had any problems with muting on that phone.

Please help!

Moto-User-
Paper Tape
Views: 531
Message 8 of 9

Yes this is happening with all 3 of our Moto G6 Play phones (UK SIM FREE - unlocked)

• Build: OPPS27.91-143-2
  • Security patch version: 1 Nov 2018
  • Base Band: M8937_24.28.05.72R JETER_EMEA_CUST
  • Kernel: 3.18.71-perf-gfe6c1e8

On answering the phone, the phone will intermittently mute the microphone and the 3rd party can no longer hear you.

It seems to be linked to when the screen is turned off as you put the phone to your face, this seems to be a possible trigger.

Ending the call and establishing a new call is required. Also, taking the phone away from your face and waiting for the screen to activate / illuminate, then pressing the mute button twice, can sometimes result in un-muting the call.

This does not always work however.

The phone is not fit for purpose and should be recalled from sale / or an emergency patch needs to be deployed globally.`

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G6-Moto-G6-Plus-Moto-G6/Druing-Call-Phone-will-mute-itself/td-p/43...

Karthikvk
What's DOS?
Views: 367
Message 9 of 9

Actually am also facing the same problem

But it only seems to be happening during the summer between March to April, May 

After that the problem stops

Since the volumes muted by itself for many of the users I think it is a software problem

Or maybe just because of the heat

Please try to fix it 

None of the other Moto g phones seem to have that problem

Top Kudoed Authors