Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 13,554
Message 1 of 478

Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Hello Motorola Team,

Here is a list of issues that I've been facing post Android 9 update:

1) Device screen turns blank on unlock. It looks like it's sort of recovering from a deep sleep.

2) While switching apps, the device turns irresponsive at times during app preview 

3) On switching the app, the app gets selected only to result in a blank full screen for more than just few seconds

4) Proximity sensor has tunred too sensitive. This results in automatic increase in brightness and less battery life. Is there a workaround to reduce its sensitivity? 

5) The fluid screen change/transition is gone after modifying all the animations/transitions under developer options to 0.0x. Even selecting a setting on setting screen results in a screen blink. This is the worst of all coz I can now see the delay. 

Things I've already tried: 

-Safe mode

-Reset to Factory, Reinstall all the applications for a start fresh

Please understand that this is my primary phone and I've no other phones to use. Android O had none of these issues and it was a happy update. Android P update has sort of made me reconsider the trust I have in the brand. 

Barons40
802.11n
Views: 13,360
Message 2 of 478

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update

The team will ask for a bug report most likely. after making the bug report you can send it to them for them to look into the problems
sc000
Punch Card
Views: 13,296
Message 3 of 478

I have the same screen lag problen following this poorly tested bug ridden upgrade

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 13,267
Message 4 of 478

@Barons40 wrote:
The team will ask for a bug report most likely. after making the bug report you can send it to them for them to look into the problems

I'm okay with providing the reports. I've already paid for the product, what other options do users have other than waiting/hoping. 

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 13,266
Message 5 of 478

@sc000 wrote:

I have the same screen lag problen following this poorly tested bug ridden upgrade

I'm hopeful. I want to roll back to Android O, might even do that if nothing works. Technically AndroidP should've been more efficient OS. Can't point fingers. Let me know if you find a way out of this laggy behaviour. A lot of users have been complaining the same. This should get critical soon. 

ddelvinhester
Paper Tape
Views: 13,084
Message 6 of 478

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

I have the same issue on my Moto G6 as well since I've updated to Android Pie. 

The phone's performance has visibly gone down and phone has become sluggish and slow. 

sc000
Punch Card
Views: 13,073
Message 7 of 478

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

I'm waiting for a response from Motoorola on what their plans are to fix this bug ridden update.

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 13,065
Message 8 of 478

@ddelvinhester wrote:

I have the same issue on my Moto G6 as well since I've updated to Android Pie. 

The phone's performance has visibly gone down and phone has become sluggish and slow. 

I hope this post gets visible to them. This is definitely concerning. As more people are joining in, this is not an issue with just 'few' anymore. 

MotoSadist
Punch Card
Views: 13,063
Message 9 of 478

@sc000 wrote:

I'm waiting for a response from Motoorola on what their plans are to fix this bug ridden update.

Same. There needs to be a reason to why isn't an OS update being tested throughly. 

Mooskleo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,773
Message 10 of 478

Latest update has ruined what was a fast and capable phone. Now feels like something 5 years older. Seems that update was poorly judged and untested before it was rolled out. Bad move.

Top Kudoed Authors