cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 750
Message 91 of 116

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Hi All,

Sorry about the delay in response. @mallen1972 —thank you for allowing the permission. Shared your reports back to the team again. Will keep you posted once we hear back.

Please note— the Bug Report we have received is for Moto G6 Play, requesting all Moto G6 user to please capture & share few more Bug Reports and update IMEI on your profile. This will help us investigate quicker. 

Please be informed that we have been requesting the reports past few weeks, but haven't received for Moto G6 which seems to have more reports on the issue. Looking forward to seeing additional report for further assistance. 

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola swaraj

motog66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 683
Message 92 of 116

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

I have a motorola G6 plus XT1926-5 with android version 9

For several weeks, there has been severe lag ( delay ), severe ghost touch ( automatic touch, auto touch ), as well as being intermittently irresponsive.

I have started the phone in safe mode and have had ghosting.

I have reset the phone to factory settings, but the ghosting and lag returned, although not immediately.

After trying many different suggestions on this and other forums, I can add my own contribution.

For me, it appears as if one or more of the motorola apps is at fault.

I have disabled all moto display options.

I have cleared cache and storage for moto notifications and motorola settings.

Currently my focus is the moto app launcher. If I clear the cache & storage, the phone appears to return to normal function for a few days.

zimbaxxx
Punch Card
Views: 664
Message 93 of 116

I have collected a bug report. I need help in how and where to submit this.

Today I had the notification sounds repeating with no apps open and recent apps ceared.

Motorola.....wake up. You are letting your customers down.

bschelst2
Paper Tape
Views: 434
Message 94 of 116

It's only a problem since March 2019.. what do you expect? After almost 4 months they (Motorola)still  didn't invest 1 minute of time in investigating this issue despite everyone is having this issue.

AntonioPle
What's DOS?
Views: 394
Message 95 of 116

I've signed up just to say the way you're handling this mess is nothing less than egregious. It's obviously a widespread issue and you keep asking people to waste further time by filming the issues and doing what YOU are supposed to do. We are NOT paid to do the testing for you. Get someone to actually test the friggin device and you'll get all the info you need, for crying out loud. And stop getting on everybody's nerves by saying that your testers can't see the issues everyone is talking about. That's either a blatant lie or you're actually NOT looking into it.

Shame on you. This is the first and last Moto that I buy. Shame, shame, shame 

Highlighted
mallen1972
Fanfold Paper
Views: 386
Message 96 of 116

So this morning my device (G6 Play) offered me a security update (PPPS29.55-25-2). The release notes are shockingly bad.... just security improvements apparently. I thought what the hey, how much worse can it get? So I installed the update, first impressions are that the phone seems slower now than before. The lag issues are at least no worse thankfully but the whole phone is even more slugish. EXCELLENT WORK Motorola/Lenovo.

So in an attempt to rid the device of all of the bloating Moto Apps (which I am convinced are a significant factor in its appalling performance) I am looking for a replacement app launcher (home app). I have disabled all of the other apps with the exception of the Moto App Launcher.

Has anyone here found a suitable replacement app launcher thats not likely to resource hog like the Moto app?

motog66
Fanfold Paper
Views: 357
Message 97 of 116

I agree the moto apps seem to be the cause of the lag (and ghost touching in my case). It is unfortunate that they cannot all be disabled or removed. I am using the Nova launcher which appears to working well (do not know about resource hogging).

mallen1972
Fanfold Paper
Views: 321
Message 98 of 116

Thanks @motog66

I have installed Nova launcher and managed to sideload the google companion (eventually) but the god-forsaken Moto App launcher refuses to go away entirely. I can't disable it, can't force stop it and somehow it keeps reconfiguring iteslf to show Notifications when the phone is rebooted. 

bschelst2
Paper Tape
Views: 309
Message 99 of 116

Moto apps isn't the root cause, as it's still lagging if it's disabled (over here)

Also used different launcher (already using other launchers for months now), still the same freezes.

Arkady-w
Fanfold Paper
Views: 286
Message 100 of 116

Moto apps may not be the main cause but in my case disabling some of them, uninstalling their updates and changing the launcher to Evie definitely improved performance. I see no lags that were present before. I think the phone is a bit slower than with Oreo, but just slightly. So it did help. Thanks to guys from this forum. But not thanks to Motorola support. I think it should be their priority to help people out there but it looks like we are just on our own. That is really not how the things should be.

Top Kudoed Authors