Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 671
Message 171 of 229

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update

I have noticed that in Settings --> System --> Advanced --> Motorola Privacy turning both options off has improved performance quite a lot!
OS1
tkym
What's DOS?
Views: 670
Message 172 of 229

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

I have no idea what they have done to this phone but mine is becoming almost unusable. It used to be fluid to use but now whilst scrolling apps they will just hang for 10 seconds then catchup with the gesturers before a pop appears saying the app is unresponsive and would i like to close it after the app has started working again. 

Needs a fix soon or I going to bin this thing and go with a diffeent brand.

davidsmyth
Paper Tape
Views: 557
Message 173 of 229

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Just adding myself as another frustrated user Smiley Sad

Phone has had several issues from the start (Random loss of audio, which was fixed by a software update after some time)

Loss of signal, exists on both the previous and latest Android versions. Had hoped the OS update would resolve this. It's definitley the phone as I've tried the same SIM in another (Samsung) handset and it does not have a problem in the same location.

Now since the the latest Android upgrade the lagginess is terrible. 

I've tried all the options in this thread - the only one to help is the alternative launcher (currently using Nova) but it's definitley not perfect.

Very dissapointing, and poor show from the support team now just ignoring the thread. Will not be buying another Moto phone again and will be giving  the same advice to others!

Highlighted
Pogmog
Paper Tape
Views: 483
Message 174 of 229

@OS1111 wrote:
I have noticed that in Settings --> System --> Advanced --> Motorola Privacy turning both options off has improved performance quite a lot!

Gave it a go, but it made no difference for me.

I'm worried it's only a matter of time before I snap this phone in half out of frustration. 

I was in an emergency situation and had to handball calling the ambulance to someone else because I can't trust this phone. It's not good enough.

ieni
What's DOS?
Views: 443
Message 175 of 229

My g6 plus has become completely useless since the security update from May. Most of the time the touchscreen is not responding. First I thought it was a hardware problem (I just got my screen replaced in my waranity period) so I send back my phone to fix the problem. 

Well Motorola decided to updated the phone in such a way that the complete updated version of Android Pie included the security update from May is the factory mode. 

I'm sick and tired of it, since the beginning of May my phone had been two times in repair and I just want a working phone.  I contacted the store and they are willing to send the phone to repair for the third time, but I know that nothing can be done untill Motorola comes with a new update to fix this problem. 

atyno
Paper Tape
Views: 401
Message 176 of 229

Motorola G6 - Pie update (terrible slow)

HI I have using the motorola g6 on Oreo for a good 2yrs and cancelling the update service to force me to update to Pie, now accidentally installed i think pocket dialling by mistake.

1. The performance is dreadful, even cleared the date wipe cache.

2. Factory resetting the device, seriously did not want this - a little better but still slow.

Basically apps, multitasking has added 2+3 seconds to useability...

I need a official rom to install the oreo back on please lenovo.

atyno
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 177 of 229

Really delayed updating from oreo to pie its crazy slow, i need to get the oreo image or i need to send to vodaphone to fix or replace

OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 384
Message 178 of 229

Also I am using the Nova launcher, don't know if this is also helping?

OS1
bschelst2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 320
Message 179 of 229

Installed custom ROM (lineages), and the phone is usable and fast again.

Soju1983
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 180 of 229

Hi could you please send me the ROM? Thanks

Top Kudoed Authors