cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barons40
802.11n
Views: 447
Message 341 of 343

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

@sc000 wrote:

I need to buy a new laptop. I've crossed off Lenovo from my buying list due to the apalling software support to my G6. That's how a Chinese firm loses a customer for life.

What ever will they do 🤣🤣

Highlighted
D412
Punch Card
Views: 386
Message 342 of 343

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

You

@Dude777 wrote:
Moto, modifying Android 9, creating their own version of the one button navigation surely must not have been a simple task. And, for most of us, is working flawlessly. Moto is plenty competent enough to fix things via patchs if not a whole new rom. Anyway, everyone giving feedback here should also give the same to Google via the phone's settings. It impacts patches being created and the next os release too.

Not trying to be rude but anyone can create their own One Button Nav on any phone with a fingerprint sensor with automation apps, add root/xposed and you can make a better one button nav without being a dev. Really all of the Moto actions can be easily replicated with automation apps, chop light, twist camera, pick up to silence, etc.  Point being nothing Moto added to stock Android is a big acccomplishment, nor time consuming  for a huge company like Lenovo.

Independent rom developers that get paid nothing released Pie for phones in a fraction of the time it was released for the G6. The Moto G3 is 4 years old and is still more actively updated by unpaid developers than the 1 year old G6 is updated by Lenovo. Lenovo has basically made a policy of completely abandoning phones that aren't brand new. The shame is people hate Moto so much now and there are so many other budget options that the G6 has basically had no device specific rom development.

Dude777
HDMI
Views: 376
Message 343 of 343

Thanks for that insight! I do see the lack of rom options. I'm hoping that'll improve in time. Do you think we got plenty of good hardware for US $150, assuming you're also one that has no issues with it and Pie?

~us retail g6~no lifeguard on duty
Top Kudoed Authors