Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kevin_In_Ky
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,060
Message 541 of 638

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

54 pages of customers with lag issues. 

No, this doesn't appear there is any fix coming. 

I did just get the October security update today but that won't help lag.

My family has two G6's and both are very laggy after Pie update. 

My next phone will not be Motorola.   Just waiting for black friday deals.

OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 1,054
Message 542 of 638

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

I agree with comment about SD card. A good red Herring but I've never had an SD card in my G6!

The 55 pages simply tells you that Moto has moved on, they're chasing the hardware not the software. They have no interest in supporting the cheap handsets and I'm not confident to buy a more expensive Moto in case that also gets no updates. This complete lack of support may be acceptable to some handset makers but I thought better of Moto until they announced that their handsets would only ever receive one major update!
OS1
jn31
Paper Tape
Views: 990
Message 543 of 638

I purchased 2 of these phones.  With no fix since the Pie update this will leave me wondering if I should buy another motorola.

dpvball
Fanfold Paper
Views: 964
Message 544 of 638

So I had previously done a factory reset after the pie update which made it usable but as many had noticed it was still laggy at times. I just received the October update on my phone PPSS29.118-15-11-2. I wasn't very hopeful but I have to report that all my lag is gone. The thing is operating at oreo levels. I'm on the Amazon prime exclusive version of g6. But perhaps a combination of the factory reset and this update seems to have resolved the issue as one other poster had reported. My factory reset was done on boot, not within android. Hope this is helpful for others. Best of luck. 

MikeInFla
Punch Card
Views: 948
Message 545 of 638

Mine just did the update a couple of hours ago. So far I haven't noticed much of anything different. It seems to be a bit faster but I still see some lagging. Will wait a day or two and see how it goes and report back but I've already made up my mind to get an iPhone.

stumped101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 871
Message 546 of 638

Glad the update is finally being pushed by your respective carriers, and that at least one person has confimed my report. 

@MikeInFl - you may want to do a complete factory reset now that the update has been released.  I had done so not too long before the update, while troubleshooting, before I knew an update was available.  It might be the combo that permanently put the nail in the lag coffin.

MikeInFla
Punch Card
Views: 845
Message 547 of 638

I might have to do that, so far today the lag is almost gone without doing the factory reset. So far the lag is far and few between and when it does it, it last 5 to 7 seconds. Prob not worth doing a reset as I don't want to have to reload everything, mainly out of laziness I guess. Still will probably order a different phone sometime this week or if something sparks my interest on Black Friday. 

MikeInFla
Punch Card
Views: 844
Message 548 of 638

Dpvball: You should get an update shortly, I believe this will help. Mine still lags once in a while but it isn't near as bad as what it was. Since August the phone was almost unusable and after about 10 hours it seems to be much better but not enough for me to stick with a Moto G.

mr_deeda
Paper Tape
Views: 589
Message 549 of 638

finally took the plunge and got a pixel 3a. nothing special, the G6 worked better before pie. i'm on t-mo in california and I got it for $250 so not bad. I love the deals lenovo has on phones. get a G6 for free with the purchase of another phone... just in case you need a paper weight or door stop. my G6 was doing pretty good, only lagging 2 or 3 times a day but the last security update caused touch screen delays all the time. I enjoyed reading the forum, thanks and good luck! 

Jcol81
What's DOS?
Views: 482
Message 550 of 638

I've been checking on this topic since June. I read the new security patch should fix the problems. It was a week ago, and it's not any better. I can't pay for a new phone right now.. nor will I buy a 25$ phone with limited capabilities or space.  Are we just moving on to the 7 and considering the 6 a lost cause? Even as I tried to begin this post it feose. The UI freezing is the second highest issue. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors