cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dpvball
Fanfold Paper
Views: 742
Message 551 of 596

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

So the phone did work better for a solid week after the recent update and then I was getting the lagginess again. So I tried something new based on similar issues on other phones. I went into recovery mode and cleared the cache partition. Also I'm using SwiftKey for my keyboard and noticed that it was part of the lagginess. I uninstalled that and reinstalled it based on suggestions from others online. And for any app that pops up with the "... is not responding" I clear the cache on that app through settings -> storage. Anyways this seems to have cleared up the issue again. No more lag for now. I don't know if it will come back, but the combination of clearing the cache partition, reinstalling my keyboard, and clearing app cache on apps that freeze seems to alleviate the issue. hope this helps for you guys.

also I did factory reset through recovery mode before all of this. so if you haven't done, that I would highly recommend it. 

stumped101
Fanfold Paper
Views: 736
Message 552 of 596

Re: Moto G6 - Lag / Irresponsive - Post Pie Update [G6 Users pls share your reviews here]

Agree with above poster.  It was working well for a while, and right back to the lag.  Yesterday, I was swearing endlessly.  Ticked off beyond words at Motorola's lack of resolution on this issue.  Someone from the company should be on this thread explaining to everyone who has paid $$ and time (a ton of time) because of this ridiculous lag.  It speaks volumes about the company.

MikeInFla
Punch Card
Views: 712
Message 553 of 596

Yep, my lag is back as well. I don't have time or patience to jump thru hoops. Clear this, clear that, reset this, reset that. NO! I want a phone that works and the G6 clearly doesn't. Just let us revert back to Oreo or fix the dang problem. 56 pages of us complaining, it's obvious they have no plans to fix it. 

OS1111
Punch Card
Views: 660
Message 554 of 596

I almost laughed out loud. There's no one from Motorola even looks at this thread anymore, or possibly even this entire forum. They aren't bothered with this "old" device, they're spending their time on new foldable devices that sell for hundreds of dollars and new unsuspecting customers. Time to move on to another vendor, but I admire your persistance and apparent brand loyalty.

OS1
sc000
Punch Card
Views: 642
Message 555 of 596

We have just been oferred sytstem update PPS29.55-37-7  in the UK. Has that solved any issues?

DGB_AGB
Paper Tape
Views: 619
Message 556 of 596

Like many others I also peformed a factory reset post Android 9 in hope the lag and freezing would stop. Unfortunely, it did not resolve the problem. And yes you can perform a temp fix by clearing partition/app/sdcard cache but it's needed several times a week to prevent the lag/freezing from coming back.

I'm on PPSS29. 118-15-11-2

The bottom line is that Motorola broke this phone with its update to Android 9. This predicament is primed for class action against Motorola.

rtj49
Punch Card
Views: 558
Message 557 of 596

Is there anyone who did the Rescue using the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant who had the lagginess return?

In general, what has been the experience of those who've tried this fix?  Did it work?  Does the fix seem to be permanent?

Highlighted
rtj49
Punch Card
Views: 489
Message 558 of 596

Here's a Youtube video by Motorola on the LMSA.  It looks pretty straightforward if your phone is one of the models supported.  This is the only "solution" I've seen mentioned here or on XDA that appears to work.  Nobody who has done the Rescue has said it didn't work.  But there has been very little feedback so far, so if you do try this, please remember to post feedback here as to whether it worked permanently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcuyyPMKX40

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 348
Message 559 of 596

No crashes since applying the update. 

PPS29.55-37-7

zimbaxxx
Punch Card
Views: 211
Message 560 of 596

After the October update marginal improvement but still sticks for a few seconds at the most inconvenient times. Moto/lenovo couldnt care less and these "agents" couldnt care less. So never again motorola. They can put their phones where the sun never shines. 

Top Kudoed Authors